The legacy of child abuse is a distortion of a child’s trust, their judgement, their relationships, and their love – but it is a cycle which is breakable. By understanding the events which led to the abuse, and the web of guilt created for you by the abuser, you can begin to relinquish the burden of guilt, shame and confusion that you have carried for so long. We hope the information in this section will help you to do just that.
Guilt and Shame
HAVOCA NewsletterTo stay in touch with the latest news, site updates and information please complete the following form.
- Harming Your Child by Making Him Your Parent Saturday, 18 Jul, 2020
- Are Abuse Survivors at a Higher Risk of Developing Diabetes? Thursday, 16 Jul, 2020
- The Role Gaming Plays In Therapy Monday, 29 Jun, 2020
- Opening Up to Your Partner About Your Experience of Abuse Tuesday, 19 May, 2020
- Elder Abuse Friday, 17 Apr, 2020
- Embracing Independence as a Survivor of Child Abuse Wednesday, 18 Mar, 2020
Latest Site Updates