Money Raising Ideas

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Re: Money Raising Ideas

Post by Jamie »

Kylie72 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:46 amthere isn't a fat cat CEO (and I've worked for several) and no one is doing this to get there OBE (charity sector is full of these people)
Hey, who said I'm not doing this for an OBE! :lol:

Ive contacted NAPAC's CEO and as quick as a flash, nothing happened! I leave it a few more weeks and then start pestering.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Jamie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:27 pm Ive contacted NAPAC's CEO and as quick as a flash, nothing happened! I leave it a few more weeks and then start pestering.
Fingers and toes crossed!

And look, the "Quote" feature is working now, in this section; thanks Jamie!
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
l-j
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by l-j »

Jamie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:27 pm Hey, who said I'm not doing this for an OBE! :lol:

Ive contacted NAPAC's CEO and as quick as a flash, nothing happened! I leave it a few more weeks and then start pestering.
Lol! :D

Even if they don’t reply, don’t give up - we’re in a weird economic period at the moment. Maybe a dialogue/relationship building this year could lead to financial help another time.
Clods
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Clods »

Hello,
I've been thinking a bit, and no amazing ideas, but a couple of thoughts.
If you could produce a short description of Havoca, with maybe something about the financial situation, what we need now, and different ways of donating, some of us might have contacts we could send it to (I do); and or some of us might be happy to circulate it via twitter/Facebook, etc.

I also wondered about a twitter account for havoca - it might just be more work, but it might be a way to make helpful links that may turn into funding sources. I follow a few abuse related twitter feeds.
Clare Cunnington is one - I was a participant in her PhD research about CSA. Her blog is here: https://clairecunnington.com/about/
There's also Michael Salter, an academic who s very nterested and activist n the area.
Just following a few people like that might lead somewhere? Or is havoca already on twitter and I just didn't know!
l-j
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by l-j »

Twitter is @havoca_org
Clods
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Clods »

Thanks L-J!
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I would like to share Doggoborf's idea, below.
I thought it might make a useful revenue stream to offer different levels of sponsorship, each with its own perks. Here's an example of such a perk:
actnormal wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 am
Doggoborf wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:31 am Hi team,

As in the subject - have you ever thought of a setting up a discord for the group?
Wearing my Havoca member hat, not my moderator hat;

Interesting. I've yet to actually use Discord. I ought to have working knowledge of it given my profession, but work is a receeding memory.

I like the idea though. Forgive me if I've got it wrong but I understand Discord is good for voice communication. Is it just as good for the written word too?

It wouldn't be a good thing to split the community though.
Slack is another app for collaboration and group stuff.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Write a mobile app, or licence one, to provide a slick interface to the forum. phpbb* isn't mobile-unfriendly, but it isn't the most mobile-friendly, either.

*phpbb is the name of the software which runs Havoca's forums.
Bunting
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Bunting »

Hi Jamie
I'm a new member and didn't clock the 'sponsor' on sign up. So think that is a great suggestion to highlight it. I've just gone back and donated. I've only been here 24 hrs and already this group of very special people have made me feel so welcome, so normal, so accepted, so believed. I'm happy to support. I can't do a monthly, but I'm happy to do regular one offs. Just done £50. I hope it helps.
I'm not great on ideas of how to raise but I'd be happy to help if others have ideas i can support with.
Best wishes, Bunting
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Help!?!

That's amazing, thank you so much.
Bunting
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Bunting »

:) great. I will do another one when I next have the capital. But still happy to help with other fundraising.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Here's a clue!
;)
Bunting wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:41 pm Hi Jamie
I'm a new member and didn't clock the 'sponsor' on sign up...
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Could we include an automatic generic welcome PM for all new members to summarise Havoca, give brief navigation and posting hints, links to forum rules, main site, and links to costs and donations. Doesn't have to be intense or include anything greatly technical, just a Havoca 101.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

If such an idea gets put into use, someone will need to write it. Here's some copy I put together.
As always, practice safe Web use and never post anything that you don't want to be on this public website forever. For that reason it's up to you to maintain your own anonymity. We don't require trigger warnings; rather if someone's activity is causing you severe difficulty, you can block them by adding them to your Foes list in the User Control Panel. PM (Private Message) storage is 2 messages per folder for unpaid members, or 1000 for sponsors. Donate any amount - as little as £1/$1 - to become a sponsor at https://www.havoca.org/donate/
Additional benefits are detailed there too.
If you receive an incoming PM while your inbox is full the new message will be put on hold until you a) delete something to make space and b) release the new message from hold.
Everyone is welcome to copy and adapt this if they want to use it to greet new members in the Introduction forum.
pondbug
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by pondbug »

that's acceptable Act, why don't we all put in ideas and have someone take what's good.

my idea.

Welcome newest member, there is guidance and information to guide you and help in the way that you may need, you're in control of you here, other people contributing are real survivors just like you, if you do write down questions and your personal issues some replies will be helpful and some will not, just take what you need and disregard the rest, this place is about healing .
This site is free to use but like most charity we do need funds ,it pays for...... XYZ ...... this is the link for contributions........... ......... you do not need to contribute to use this site at all, if you do it is very welcome , thank you.

Return to “Announcements”