HAVOCA Complaints Procedure

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

HAVOCA Complaints Procedure

Post by Jamie »

About HAVOCA
HAVOCA is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation. As such we do not belong to a public body and we are not monitored by an independent regulator. Simply put, we are a group of like minded survivors of abuse who have come together to provide services and support to those that have also suffered from childhood abuse.
In July 2001 HAVOCA was founded by a fellow survivor, Jamie Harms, who is also HAVOCA’s Trustee. All staff members of the group are volunteers and they receive no financial gain from the site.

Our commitment to you
HAVOCA is committed to providing high quality services. Our customers are our forum members, adult survivors of childhood abuse, their family, loved ones and friends. We are committed to providing our customers with a quality service and to continuously improving those services but we realise that there are times when we don't always succeed.
We pride ourselves in doing the best for the community as a whole and keeping a safe and supportive environment. However, we don’t always get it right. We are volunteers and as such receive no formal training; if we make a mistake or you feel are services have fallen short then please get in touch. We are an approachable bunch and we are here to help.
If you are unhappy about the services that we provide to you we want to hear about it, without your feedback we cannot improve.

How the system works
At HAVOCA the Trustee is the dedicated complaints coordinator who is responsible for making sure that all complaints are logged and actioned, and who will monitor complaints to make sure that they are being dealt with.

How to make a complaint
If you are not happy about a service that you receive it is usually best to let the person who is providing the service know, either by email or private message. In most instances complaints can be dealt with in this informal manner.
If you don't know who to contact you can write directly to:
trustee@havoca.org
The complaints coordinator will log the complaint and make sure that it is assigned to the most appropriate person. You will be sent an email confirming that the complaint has been received and is being actioned.

Outcome
As a voluntary organisation our complaints procedure is not independent. The decision of the Trustee is final in all instances and you will be notified of the outcome of your complaint within twenty one days from initial receipt of your complaint.

Acting on results
We will do everything we can to put things right and will review our procedures where necessary to stop problems happening again.

Your voice
We hope you agree that most of the time we do provide a good quality service. - We value all feedback from our users and would also like to hear from you about what you think we do well. A section on the HAVOCA Survivor Forums is specifically for issues, suggestions and feedback. Please feel free to use this in the first instance.
tracker

Re: HAVOCA Complaints Procedure

Post by tracker »

Hi Jamie, Thank you for outlining this.

The site is GREAT, Its everything I need. I have received nothing but support from people who I don't know and will never meet. I came in here a few months ago looking for help and support and some advice. I got everything I needed and more.

Thank you for the site.

Tracker.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Thanks Tracker!
Abigel

Post by Abigel »

Thank you for information :) .
Keep your opinion to yourself. Don't say what must! I have my own path.Thank you for that!
pondbug
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by pondbug »

i just read this.

i was browsing and it caught my eye.
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »