Please donate

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Please donate

Post by Jamie »

Sorry to 'beg' - we've just had to renew our yearly security certificate for the website. This generates the little 's' after the http in the address bar. It also allows the secure icon in your browser - effectively it adds a security certificate to everything that comes in and out of the website and acts like a key for genuine users and blocks malicious threats.

So, if you can spare some cash - please donate.

The cost of the yearly certificate is about $70 :shock:

Yearly website hosting is $200 and the software packages to make the whole site double this figure - so any help appreciated.

If you already donate monthly - thank you!

Please keep the money coming - we can't run this place without it.

Sorry to be so blatant.

Henry

Re: Please donate

Post by Henry »

Whats in it for me?
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

I'm glad you ask, Henry...

If you donate to the site today you will receive the following benefits:

HAVOCA Sponsors....
  • Can receive and store 1000 messages (2 messages for a normal member)
    Can ignore attachment size and amount limits
    Can email other users
    Can use smilies in PMs
    Can change default usergroup
    Can change username
    Can ignore flood limit on posting
    Can choose to be 'hidden' while browsing
    Can view hidden online users
    Can post Flash in private messages
    Can forward private messages
    Have their own special rank and title bar on the forum
Please consider joining this group today.....simply donate (any amount, no matter how small) using this link and Admin will add you to the group within the next few days.....

HAVOCA is a self funded organisation and although the information you find here is free,
please spare what you can and donate to our association so that we can maintain our website
and continue to promote HAVOCA, making it more accessable to a wider audience. Thank you.

What we need money for:-
Maintain this website with its breadth of helpful information and links to many other sites (which are constantly changing)
Add new articles and current information, and maintain our new pages
Provide links to discussion forums, online peer support groups, and chat forums, serving as a "lifeline" of support to many survivors and their families
Provide support via email to survivors/victims and their support networks
Assist survivors and their families with helpful contacts and information
Aid professionals and victim advocates through fostering an environment where they can confer with one another, and aggressively work to grow this online community
Provide resources for professionals, churches, and other institutions
Help increase the visibility of other survivor groups to assist them in their efforts to help survivors and/or professionals
Educate the general public about child abuse, and be an advocate for social change in addressing these issues
Provide information services to the media
Legislative child abuse work
Coordinate volunteer efforts
Monitor relevant news stories and send them out as Media Updates to subscribers
Publish our quarterly eNewsletter
Organize conferences/retreats
Web hosting / Email hosting costs
Technical and administrative support
Publications, printing, and postage
Utilities
Supplies

Why we need your support:-

3 days ago I wanted to kill myself
2 days ago a friend gave me their old computer
1 day ago I found quiet room
today I am invincible/I am lovable
right now I'd like to thank you
tomorrow I'll be back

I have been to many websites dealing with abuse and I have found this one to be the most encouraging. The advice is very well presented and even with a bit of humor now and then. Laughter is the best medicine, and even on the worst day if something can make you laugh a little, it helps. Keep up the good work.
I am an adult survivor of long term child abuse. I think it's wonderful you have a safe place where others can share their experiences, fears, hopes and dreams without recrimination.

Having discovered your site today, I have read it from page to page, and have been given hope at last, that at the age of almost 44, all these terrible feelings, self-loathing, shame etc etc are not my fault, but the fault of what happened to me. I have always been 'blamed' for being 'me', but 'they' made me who I am, how I am. 44 years of fear and suffering. I hope I can finally get some help.

new 2 pc and just read books by David Pelzer and I am in process of reading HELP YOURSELF at the moment. Excellent website long long overdue
I believe my husband is a survivor of childhood child abuse. He has never told me, but the symptoms, etc. are textbook case. I would like to confront him, so hopefully someday he can find a path to healing, but am unsure if that's the right thing to do or how to go about it. I feel it's really starting to take a physical toll on his health. Headaches, stomach problems, sleep problems, he can't relax, etc. Yours is the best website and source of information I have found by far. I would like to seek more advice in the future. Thank you, it feels like I finally found someone who understands!

Thank you so much for this site. This is just what I needed.

I am extremely impressed with your on-line survey. Looking at the breakdown of responses helped me to put my issues into context, something which had never been done before by any professional. It clearly illustrated why I am having such difficulties finding assistance in dealing with my type specific type of abuse. Brilliant idea. Great work.

Fact 1: When you support HAVOCA, you are helping people all over the world at a time when they need help the most.
Fact: 2: Without your support, we cannot exist.

fluffy-eared-owl

Post by fluffy-eared-owl »

i really wish i could donate.... but i dont have the funds to do so...is there a set limit? can there be a one off donation and would it show up on a bank statement?like the name of this site show up on a bank statement?
zepto

Post by zepto »

Hi there,

There is no limit, it can be a one off payment or it can be a regular amount.
Unfortunately it does show up as havoca on a bank statement but you can pay via PayPal.

But whilst donations are really important, you need to look after yourself too, don't make yourself short.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

fluffy-eared-owl wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 pm i really wish i could donate.... but i dont have the funds to do so...is there a set limit? can there be a one off donation and would it show up on a bank statement?like the name of this site show up on a bank statement?
Couldn't agree more with Zepto.

This is a plea to all those that can afford and perhaps just forget or take things for granted (in a nice way).

:)
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

If you have donated recently, thank you. if you need sponsor status please pm me. our normal notification system isn't working.

anymore donations still gratefully received.
fluffy-eared-owl

Post by fluffy-eared-owl »

ah okay - i will wait till i get a job as i do usually struggle to make ends meet on the benefit i'm on...
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

biker
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by biker »

In complaining about an entirely different issue, I was directed to approach a different Minister in UK Government with my grievance. Well, on doing some background research on this Minister, I found out about some 'little pockets' of units within Government I never even knew existed - that's how significant they are.

I stumbled across this PROUD announcement

'Over £550,000 in new grant funding for charities helping victims of sexual abuse was announced today (Thursday 21 July) by the Minister for Vulnerability, Safeguarding and Countering Extremism, Sarah Newton.

The funding, awarded to Rape Crisis England and Wales, Galop, the Survivors Trust, LimeCulture and National Association of People Abused in Childhood, will provide vital services including training staff to assist victims, boosting rape support centres, and establishing a helpline for victims of sexual abuse.'

UTTER DISGRACE - £550,000 distributed amongst 5, yes 5 charities who prop up virtually non-existent support accessible elsewhere, free of charge services. That was last year - can see nothing for this year.

So, Havoca users who can, please dig deep - this is an indication of what goes on out there. Let's embrace & appreciate the efforts of those who offer that helping hand.

Anyhow, I feel another complaint about to be compiled, so some info gathering being sought - if anybody has anything to add, I'd like to hear.

Biker :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sunshine tan
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Sunshine tan »

OMG I'M SOOOOOOO MAD!!!

Sunshine x
You can't have a rainbow🌈 without a little rain ⛆ xx ☀☀
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Ive set up a link with paypal for £4.

£40 - If ten members donate we will be able to pay for SPAM protect for one year
£80 - If twenty members donate we will be able to pay for anti-virus protection for one year
£160 - If forty members donate we will be able to optimise our mailing programme to reach more survivors
£400 - If one hundred members donate we will be able to pay for our hosting for two years!

Thank you!
zepto

Post by zepto »

Thanks Jamie,

I wonder if it’s possible or even worthwhile to update a tally on this ? Ie 10 members have now donated we’re 10% of the way to our goal...
A bit like justgiving?

Just a thought :)
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Everything is possible! I'll look into it! :-)
l-j
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by l-j »

I’ve popped a note in my diary to donate on payday!

Return to “Announcements”