Blog Update - Art Therapy

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Blog Update - Art Therapy

Post by Jamie »

Art therapy, which has been around since the 1940s, has been proven to be an effective tool to process traumatic experiences in a healthy way. One small study found that art therapy can reduce stress levels and negative mental states, as well as promote positive feelings of self-efficacy and creative agency. Each therapist has his or her own approach to treating clients. Art therapy is especially effective in cases where clients have trouble expressing themselves, and may be more likely to open up with a nonverbal medium.

Read more here
Skyride
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Blog Update - Art Therapy

Post by Skyride »

My trauma therapist is an Art therapist and is amazing. The work is so much deeper than any other therapies I've had. And surprising. It's hard because gets to the places some therapies can't reach. It's also playtime sometimes!
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Skyride wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:09 pm My trauma therapist is an Art therapist and is amazing. The work is so much deeper than any other therapies I've had. And surprising. It's hard because gets to the places some therapies can't reach. It's also playtime sometimes!
Great, thank you for sharing. I sometimes wonder if these blog posts are useful or not. I'm glad this one has resonated with you.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Thanks for this. I found some really touching Art Therapy work done by Jewish children in the ghettos during WW2. Each piece is captioned with the name, age and some sites give the fate of each child. It’s available on lots of sites and several books. Yad Vashem, the holocaust remembrance and documentation organisation publishes some of it too.

This is just one of the links:

https://www.jewishmuseum.cz/en/collecti ... in-ghetto/

I think I am particularly drawn to “Hand Relaxation Exercise” by Josef Bauml, 13.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

actnormal wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 am Thanks for this. I found some really touching Art Therapy work done by Jewish children in the ghettos during WW2. Each piece is captioned with the name, age and some sites give the fate of each child. It’s available on lots of sites and several books. Yad Vashem, the holocaust remembrance and documentation organisation publishes some of it too.

This is just one of the links:

https://www.jewishmuseum.cz/en/collecti ... in-ghetto/

I think I am particularly drawn to “Hand Relaxation Exercise” by Josef Bauml, 13.
Thank you. That's very moving

Return to “Announcements”