Blog Update - Telling Others about your Abuse

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Blog Update - Telling Others about your Abuse

Post by Jamie »

Opening Up to Your Partner About Your Experience of Abuse
By Kylee Johnson

If you’ve ever been a victim of child abuse, you know that even admitting it to yourself that it happened can be difficult, let alone other people. However, studies have shown that talking about it is a key part of the healing process, especially with your significant other. Being a traumatic event that can have long-lasting effects on your life and personality, it is important to talk to your partner about your child abuse experience as early as possible in the relationship to avoid complications later. But, being a deeply personal event, you must approach this conversation the right way.
waterhouse
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Blog Update - Telling Others about your Abuse

Post by waterhouse »

I’d underline that but it’s too late for me. It’s taken me 50 years to deal with it, address it, but making personal relationships isn’t possible
Mum/nan

Post by Mum/nan »

I totally agree I told my husband when we 1st started dating that I'm a abuse victim so I'm not like and I quote a normal girl lol. We did both laugh when a said that. I was 16yrs old I'm now 52yrs young and still with him lol.. I only told everyone 18 months ago when I went to the police. Hardest ppl to tell was my younger brother and my mum. Younger brother was hard as I didn't want to loose him.. I wanted to keep same relationship And we have .. As for mum well never really had a mother daughter relationship. But she did listen to me... waiting for the CPS to make a yes no decision n Wetherby I can take him to court.
IAMRICHARD

Post by IAMRICHARD »

may i say in my experience it was a bad idea and back fired big time,i told a freind about my abuse and he told me about his.he went very mad when i said a man called xhw..,nn.abused me that was is uncle and he didnt beleive me.weve not spoken since and he completely ignores me.so it was doom and gloom again.thats the negative bit out the way.https://www.thesurvivorstrust.org/faqs/ ... ncest-line
im not popping the above site on here however for those who want to talk that his a great help line and ive used the service.to those who suffer in silence and cant remember there abuse and cant figure whats wrong with them my prayers and cares are for you

Return to “Announcements”