Money Raising Ideas

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
HAVOCA
Administrator
Administrator

Money Raising Ideas

Post by HAVOCA »

We are struggling again at the moment! Normal sponsorship is a big help (thanks for those that do donate!) but it doesn't break even.

Accounts for 2019 haven't really changed much for 2020. Accounts for 2021 look like they will follow a similar pattern. Year on year we run at a loss; things just get more expensive but sponsorship seems to stay the same.

Has anyone got any ideas about how we can raise some capital?

Happy to entertain suggestions.

Jamie
Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse

HAVOCA Main SiteSafetyBill of RightsDonationsBookshopBlogResources
Lisa_Lisa
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Money Raising Ideas

Post by Lisa_Lisa »

I'm planning to increase my regular donation. Perhaps others could consider this too?

I realise a larger injection of cash is needed though, could other related but more financially secure charities share which grants they've successfully applied for?
I keep saying the same thing over and over in the hope of reaching an understanding that will lead to healing. Not because I'm stuck.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

•Find an experienced charity fundraiser on LinkedIn and ask them for some advice (Pro Bono, or if not, for a very low fee?)

•Related to the above, approach corporate charities like NAPAC and tell them Havoca needs funding

•Run a GoFundMe campaign - publish the accounts you shared here, mention the number of users and list the various corporate charities who send people here.

•Facebook advertising for donations
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
RedEagle
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by RedEagle »

I've been thinking about how - post this present era- I can give back... It's a niche charitable cause whose community isn't naturally up for the usual public profiling to raise funds.
When I've written it, got sentiment right and recorded, I will release a song with proceeds returning here - It will be pin my flag to the mast time once I'm past it...

For now, happy to quietly donate to support.

I do wonder if the Home Office announcement into consider research funding lends to any extension to supporting communities such as this financially?
Iridescent Forest
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Iridescent Forest »

Here's some possible ideas:

https://www.501c3.org/8-ways-to-raise-m ... t%20amount.
https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/way ... nonprofit/

Between those two the ideas seem to repeat with different wording. Perhaps we can decide what would work best among those options.

Shalev | The Iridescent Forest
Roserose
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Roserose »

Has there ever been a government grant? Is that something that you think would be a pro or a con?

There are also (large) private sponsors / patrons.
Iridescent Forest
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Iridescent Forest »

I work for a Marketing Agency and have run crowd-funding campaigns before, which is something that can lead to larger donors. I just wrote all over my window with a dry erase marker. I'll write it out in understandable language for you in a PM.

Shalev | The Iridescent Forest
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

There are several different crowdfunding sites too, some have specific target markets (demographic and type of the fundraiser, not of the donor)
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
RedEagle
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by RedEagle »

In an ideal world.... our perpetrators - My perpetrator.... They'd be donating heavily in penance.
That would actually serve me and more better than a court case.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Our problem before now has been generating interest from larger organisations because we are a volunteer notforprofit. If we were a charity I think it would be easier, but then of course, it would come with another layer of admin that I just couldn't support.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

⚖️

Post by Coeur de Lion »

There's also the costs.
You'd have to incorporate, meaning all the regular expenses and obligations of running a company. There are tax breaks, but there are still overheads that you don't have when unincorporated.

It's quite a leap, with risks.

But the work you could do and the impact you could have would be significant too. Not that it isn't significant already!
john100
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by john100 »

Lottery funding?
Elliecloud
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Elliecloud »

Sourcing funding is more challenging when you are not for profit, but as you said, becoming a charity does indeed add another layer of admin.

You mentioned in 2019, that if everyone gave a monthly donation of £1, things would be good. You could put this out there as a suggestion to members. Or that a one off donation of even £2.50 would help..?

Also found this online. The window has passed for this round, but I'm guessing/hoping it will be available periodically:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-2020-22
Elliecloud x
(was Rachelle 2015-2020)

Only in growth, reform and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I would love to raise money for the site, and have been looking at crowd funding for combined ideas that have been evolving. Not liking the idea of announcing to all and sundry that I'm a survivor though, it's a major hang up as I'm sure most of us here would find. It would be so easy to don a vest and run a marathon raising sponsorship for the Nspcc or such, trying to protect children from harm. So much harder to think of raising money when I'm saying publicly I'm an adult who wasn't protected from harm as a child, although I think I'm starting to get braver.....

Last month I started feeling guilty about writing so much and using so many resources, so I did start making an extra contribution :lol:

I agree with ideas like NAPAC and Samaritans helping if they can. They trust enough to direct a lot of people this way and although they are obviously welcome to do so they may consider helping to keep Havoca's doorway open.

Beyond other suggestions and within Havoca, I was thinking a weekly or monthly lottery/raffle/tote but not looking to encourage gambling. Some sort of ethernet bring and buy sale, stuff that may have a financial value but we don't want and has no sentimental value and another Havocan might want, ie dvds or old console games that are just sitting being perennially unwatched, unused and getting dusty, proceeds minus p&p to Havoca. Maybe some issue with sharing addresses for that purpose...... Also for that purpose if anybody wants to sell a boat..... :D.

Hopefully I'll be available if you have an idea we can help with.

Stephen
Roserose
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Roserose »

I wonder if the world of crowdfunding has changed perceptions of the fact that this is a volunteer organization.

Jamie wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
> Our problem before now has been generating interest from larger
> organisations because we are a volunteer notforprofit. If we were a
> charity I think it would be easier, but then of course, it would come with
> another layer of admin that I just couldn't support.

Return to “Announcements”