HAVOCA Raffle

Section for general notices concerning this forum.

I acknowledge I have read this notice.

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 95

HAVOCA
Administrator
Administrator

HAVOCA Raffle

Post by HAVOCA »

A once in a lifetime opportunity to own your very own HAVOCA blanket. This blanket is no ordinary blanket. It has been lovingly made by the efforts of the HAVOCA community, and superbly put together by JML. Each square represents a small piece of the jigsaw, a part of an individual's healing journey, the patch work nature of our recovery. The blanket symbolizes the fact we come together as individuals into a community where the blanket of our love provides shelter and support.

You can own this tribute to our community by buying a raffle ticket for £1. You can buy as many tickets as you like by using our paypal account donate@havoca.org or by simply following the 'Donate' link in my signature.

Enter the amount and proceed to the checkout. Then under 'Add special instructions to the seller' add how many tickets you'd like to buy. £10 buys 10 tickets.

You will automatically be entered into a draw and the raffle winner will be announced by the end of the month.

100% of the proceeds will go towards the upkeep of this magical place, HAVOCA.

Any questions, just shout.
Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse

HAVOCA Main SiteSafetyBill of RightsDonationsBookshopBlogResources
Liz

Re: HAVOCA Raffle

Post by Liz »

A lovely beautiful blanket.

I've donated - but i do not wish to be included in the draw. I regularly donate. Have done so for a long time. I'm not going to get back into that discussion about donations. :wink:

This blanket hasnt been a part of my process and it doesnt carry the significance that it clearly does for others here.

The winner will have something special and made with love and be snuggly warm!

A brilliant idea.

Good luck everyone.

Liz x
Irene
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Irene »

I have also donated but do not wish to be included in the raffle,

Of course I would love the blanket, but as I have made quite a bit

of it, I do not feel that I should take the chance of winning it.

I hope a lot of you out there get your raffle tickets--you can get as

many or as few as you can afford.

Good luck..

Love
IreneXX :flower:
starshinesometimes
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by starshinesometimes »

It's beautiful!! And a perfect time for me to donate again. JML it's a really wonderful thing to have done, made with such love and a great way to raise money too.
Got my fingers and toes crossed I'll be giving it a home :)
jml
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by jml »

All I did was sew it together! - and keep my legs warm in the process..... it then kept me warm in my cold flat when the snow fell...... while I sewed...

I have (hopefully) brought raffle tickets and I too will be keeping everything crossed - but knowing my luck I'll never win it........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am tempted to "borrow" it while it is here - but I am not going to......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good luck to everyone who enters.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

jml
starshinesometimes
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by starshinesometimes »

jml wrote:All I did was sew it together! - and keep my legs warm in the process..... it then kept me warm in my cold flat when the snow fell...... while I sewed...

I have (hopefully) brought raffle tickets and I too will be keeping everything crossed - but knowing my luck I'll never win it........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am tempted to "borrow" it while it is here - but I am not going to......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good luck to everyone who enters.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

jml
I'm sure 1 quick cuddle of it wouldn't hurt...and a swish around the living room wearing it as a cape :)
Well it's beautiful JML, Irene and everyone else who contributed (I wasn't sure who made it all!) :oops:
jml
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by jml »

OK - can't stop giggling now

Not enough space to swing a cat in my front room - never mind swishing around wearing the blanket as a cape - and considering it is bigger than me in height............ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Might give it a quick cuddle though :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Raffle is going well - 15 tickets sold today already.

Plus several donations from people who don't want to enter into the raffle but would like to contribute. Thanks to those too!

Jamie
fighting spirit

Post by fighting spirit »

I'll donate too but don't wish to be entered into the raffle.
I'd love to wrap myself up in this beautiful blanket but I'm allergic to wool .....
Strange really considering I can knit the squares and small baby items, but couldn't bear to wear a woolly jumper or have the blanket near my skin.
Good luck everyone :)
fs xx
jml
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by jml »

FS

I am allergic to wool as well - I think most of the squares are acrylic wool - as I didn't notice much itching whilst sewing it - OK my hands are not so affected as the rest of me! and I haven't put the blanket that near to other areas of my skin :!: :!:

All of the squares I knitted were acrylic wool because of this and the squares that I have received since the blanket finished for the cushions are all similar and not wool.

When I take the close up photos I will see how many of the squares are actually "real" wool - OK will itch like mad but at least we will know for certain...

jml
fighting spirit

Post by fighting spirit »

Ok thanks jml, the ones I sent were acrylic wool too - but enough to make my eyes red and itchy.
I must be the only person I know not to own a woolly jumper or cardi - even an acrylic one !
fs xx
Sigma
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Sigma »

Hiya,

What is the closing date for the raffle? And could say non Havoca members buy a ticket.....

X
poppet

Post by poppet »

Well, if I win the blanket or not, this last picture of it on JMLs mums bed is now my background for my desktop - the colours are just stunning and it is such a cheerful sight when i switch my computer on 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
PaganRose

Post by PaganRose »

Such a gorgues blanket!!
It is clear to see that alot of work and love has gone in to this.

It is a shame i cant enter the raffle :(
Im a full time student and i souly rely on my mum for money (so sad i know ^^') And she is yet to find out about the Abuse...so asking her to enter a raffle for me on a site for Abuse victims is maybe not the best way for her to find out.
I hope who ever wins this gets many hours of warmth and love from it, and i hope you get alot of donations to help the running of the site.

Blessed Be and good luck! )O(
Carrie
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Carrie »

Sigma wrote: What is the closing date for the raffle? And could say non Havoca members buy a ticket.....
Jamie said the winner will be drawn at the end of the month, & I guess anyone can buy a ticket, you don't need to be registered on the boards to use the donate facility do you?

C

Return to “Notice Board”