Poll - Healing Progress

This forum is open to members and guests and allows a straw poll to be taken across the broader sector of all survivors.

Healing Progress

You may select 1 option

View results

Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Poll - Healing Progress

Post by Jamie »

On a scale of 0 to 10, where would you score yourself on how far you've come on the healing journey?
(0 is haven't started yet, 5 is I'm getting there and 10 is I'm healed)
dizzy412

Re: New Poll - Healing Progress

Post by dizzy412 »

This is quite tricky because depending on how im feeling at any given time, the point on the scale where i would place myself would vary considerably. But i certainly feel as though im getting there, im going in the right direction, but its not a static thing, it varies so much.
Dizzy
effie2
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Poll - Healing Progress

Post by effie2 »

After many years, too many to mention, I now feel that I am at a place where I am comfortable. I obviously knew what had happened to me but now I understand the effect it had and the path it put me on. I am comfortable with myself and now in that wonderful position where I want to give back and try and help someone else to get where I am. The journey wasn't easy but it was worth it. I got my life back.
Rachelle

Post by Rachelle »

That gives me hope effie2. 47 years old and just about to start therapy. Here's hoping.
Rachelle
EllieLucy

Post by EllieLucy »

Great Effie.
I'm at a 4 currently
TerryE

Post by TerryE »

Will never be better than an 7-8. Have no emotions for guilt, shame, pity. Very thin emotional spectrum. Makes empathy hard. Take queues from others.

Not unhappy, been OK for a very long time. Not sure I will ever be "happy". Sort of that narrow band in the middle
Pmarsupial
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Pmarsupial »

I think I understand myself better, I'm OK in my self, relatively happy, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be upset by things ike shouty people that I can't control and upset is a flash from the past. In the now I am safe, it just doesn't feel like it. I've come to terms with the fact that even small things will trigger, the self guilt, and what's the point, I'm horrible for example the cat losing me in the storm last night, he followed me outside then missed following me home, missed dinner, I thought he was dead, 4am and I'm out with a torch and see his little glowing eyes. Phew. I'm not sure feeling like I should me dead is a normal response to a cat going missing for a couple of hours. I sort of understand that there are going to be times when I feel on edge when there is nothing to be frightened of, sheds, garages, smells, etc and I can put that in its place now, doesn't stop it, makes it manageable. From when I joined here my distress was probably at a 9, now I'm a 3, probably flaring to 6 or 7 briefly. Actually I'd like not to feel that distress at all, but it's ok at this level.
DIY is apparently my Kryptonite.

Return to “Poll of the Week”