Poll - Depression

This forum is open to members and guests and allows a straw poll to be taken across the broader sector of all survivors.

Do you suffer from depression

You may select 1 option

View results

Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Poll - Depression

Post by Jamie »

Do you suffer from depression?
follyfoot
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: NEW Poll - Depression

Post by follyfoot »

It sounds stupid but i have to say i don't know whether i do or not.

I just don't feel anything at all, numb most of the time , not angry , not hateful, not spiteful, not excited , not happy , not even sad, just nothing.

I guess i control my emotions to the point that feelings don't get in the way if that makes any sense at all. i just feel switched off
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
Martin Luther King, Jr

wantstolookforward
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by wantstolookforward »

I have struggled with depression since childhood, I had a break down when i was 13 and was put on anti depressents for a few years, the depression lifted when I left school. Then when my relationship broke down after 8 years i suffered with it again i had it all through my second pregnacy which was hard going, then after i had my child i was diagnosed with post natal depression caused by post trumatic stress. That was 3 years ago and although i no longer have post natal depression i have be diagnosed with PTSD due to my past abuse another legacey he has left me with but I know I will get through this and be stronger in the end he will not take over the rest of my life xxx
Three simple rules in life: 1. If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it; 2. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no; 3. If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place.
Cocopop21
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Cocopop21 »

I said I don't know because I haven't been diagnosed, but i'm pretty sure I do. From what I know about depression, I'd say it matches how I am at the moment. Until I get a proper diagnosis tho, I don't know. Other than when I was living abroad, I've pretty much been like this for the past 10 years.
To paraphrase several sages: Nobody can think and hit someone at the same time.― Susan Sontag
'You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something some time in your life'- Winston Churchill.
Sigma
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Sigma »

I said no.

Its a hard question for many reasons.

But my answer of no comes from the fact I have a diagnonsense and its not depression. Also if things are feeling really bleak or difficult etc I still enjoy my friends, in fact I seek them out, to get some respite from the symptoms which are causing me the problems. So no I don't think I do.

x x

Return to “Poll of the Week”