Stressful life experience study - participants needed

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Stressful life experience study - participants needed

Post by Jamie »

I am a doctoral candidate in the Clinical Psychology program at the University of Missouri - St. Louis. I am conducting a research study about stressful life experiences in an attempt to better understand the impact of coping with stressful life experiences on mental health.

If a respondent agrees to participate in the research, they will be asked to answer questions concerning their history of traumatic life experiences, to read about different thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that people sometimes experience, and to indicate how often they experience the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that they read abut. They will also be asked to provide demographic information, such as their age, present gender identity, and race. Their participation in this study should take no more than 30 minutes.

The survey can be accessed by clicking this link

All data files and online survey material will be password protected. Access to participant data will be restricted to the principal investigators. Access to the online survey itself will be limited to the principal investigators and survey information will not available to the general public. Contact information (i.e., email addresses for the raffle) will be kept in a separate database from survey response data.

Participants are free to discontinue participation in the study at any time. Participants are also free to contact the principal investigators to discuss any questions or concerns in confidence.

For subjects who experience psychological distress while completing survey questionnaires, a number for a national crisis hotline (available 24/7) is provided on the informed consent form. Links to two counseling referral websites, as well as a national referral telephone hotline, are also provided in the informed consent form. Should participants wish to obtain such resources later, the PI’s email is provided at the end of the survey (on the “thank you” page).

The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at the University of Missouri - St. Louis has approved my research study.We have attached a copy of my IRB approval letter if anyone wishes to see it (contact trustee@havoca.org)

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns! I would be happy to provide you with more information. Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Kaylin Jones, M.A.

--
Kaylin Jones, M.A.
Community Psychological Service
University of Missouri - St. Louis
One University Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63121
314-516-6625
tracker

Re: Stressful life experience study - participants needed

Post by tracker »

Hi Jamie, What do you think?. Is it safe to take part?. I don't mind doing it as long as I'm safe. Is havoca supporting this?

tracker

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”