Parenting a Sexual Abuse Victim Study

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Parenting a Sexual Abuse Victim Study

Post by Jamie »

My name is Talia Kaplan, and I am a psychology doctoral student at Pace University in New York, NY. As part of my dissertation research, I am conducting a research survey to better understand the stress non-offending parents feel when their children have been the victims of sexual abuse. My study examines the parent-child relationship of children who have been the victims of childhood sexual abuse. Differences will be examined based on caregivers own history of being the victim of childhood sexual abuse. In addition, the study will examine how various demographic information relates to this information. The research was inspired by parents of patients who shared their story and is also being conducted in conjunction with Einstein School of Medicine. Our goal is to use the results of this survey to help improve the understanding of parent stress at this difficult time.

We hope you will consider participating in the study if you meet the following requirements:

Are a non-offending female caregiver of child who has been sexually abused*
Are 18 years of age or older
Have been living with the child for at least a year
Can read and write in English
Are willing to complete an online survey that will take approximately 35-40 minutes
Have not previously participated in this survey

The study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Pace University and Einstein School of Medicine for the Protection of Human Subjects.
Participation is completely voluntary. The survey will be anonymous, and we will not ask you for any identifying information.

Thank you so much for considering participating in this research! We know that these topics can be difficult to discuss, and we appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. If you are interested, please fill in your email in the space provided on this link and a link will be sent to your email address. When you click on the link sent to your email address, you will be able to read our consent document, confirm your eligibility, and begin the survey.

Thank you,
Talia Kaplan MS Ed.
PsyD Candidate 2015
Pace University

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”