Volunteers needed for telephone interviews

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Volunteers needed for telephone interviews

Post by Jamie »

I am a MSc Forensic Psychology student at Glasgow Caledonian University, and I am conducting a study to gain information on adults experience of disclosure of childhood sexual abuse. The study has been approved by the University of Glasgow Caledonian Psychology Ethics Committee.

It is a really great opportunity for individuals to share their experiences and further our knowledge in this area. This research can lead to a better understanding of what factors really help individuals to come forward about their abuse and how this has impacted on their lives.

Participation:
- Participants will be asked to take part in a telephone interview about their experience of disclosure of childhood sexual abuse as an adult.
- This interview will take approximately 60 minutes long

Requirements to participate:
- Participant must be over the age of 18
- Must have experienced sexual abuse before the age of 16
- Must have disclosed childhood sexual abuse as an adult but not as a child.
- Living or have lived in the UK.

I would be very grateful if you would be willing to take part in my study. If you are interested, please contact me at RMCDEV200@caledonian.ac.uk.

Contacting me does not mean you have to take part in the study, but will firstly be more information on the study for you to decide whether this is right for you. You are under no obligation to take part by contacting myself.

If you wish to speak to anyone else, this study is being supervised by Wendy Morgan and she can be contacted on Wendy.Morgan2@gcu.ac.uk.

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”