Volunteers for Online Survey Needed......

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Volunteers for Online Survey Needed......

Post by Jamie »

We are recruiting people who have experienced unwanted sexual experience(s) for a study on disclosure experiences.
If you have experienced at least one incident of sexual victimization and have told someone about this (offline or online), please consider participating in this study.
Please note that in order to participate you must be at least 18 years old.
You will be asked to fill out multiple choice questionnaires regarding your experience(s) and what happened when you disclosed your experience(s). You will also be asked about your views on the #MeToo movement. Participation will be anonymous, and the data collected will not include any identifying information. . Participation should not take longer than 30 minutes.

Here is the link to the survey: https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.c ... BAzTCnJv7L
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

It looks like sound research to me

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Thanks Jamie,

Out of interest I emailed the person conducting this survey and here’s the email exchange that followed. It sounds encouraging.

Q:
Hello Melissa, I found a link to your survey on an online support forum of which I am a member. Just wondering, before I take part, will you be happy to publishing the results of the survey should it be of interest to journals whether or not the outcome is favourable to the #MeToo movement? I like to promote publication of negative research results in science and other areas of academia, as well as positive ones. Thanks in advance,
[actnormal’s name]

A:
Yes, regardless of the outcome, I will seek to publish this study. I have conducted previous studies on perceptions of the #MeToo movement, typically with results indicating that people's perceptions are mixed. For this very reason, I want to explore this issue more deeply, and particularly get the views of people who have had unwanted sexual experiences. 
Melissa
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”