What is "good sex" for survivors of childhood sexual abuse?

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

What is "good sex" for survivors of childhood sexual abuse?

Post by Jamie »

Research Participation Invitation: How do Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse Experience 'Good Sex' Later in Life?

Hello,

My name is Lianne Rosen and I am a Ph.D. student in Clinical Psychology at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. Together with my supervisor, Dr. Marsha Runtz, Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology, I am interested in studying how women survivors of childhood sexual abuse experience good sex later in life. I am hoping to move beyond most studies that focus on sexual problems and instead try to understand what good sex looks like for survivors as part of the healing process.

I am interested in interviewing women over the age of 19 who are survivors of childhood sexual abuse and who have experienced what they view as good sex at some point in their lives. It doesn't matter if these positive sexual experiences occurred once or many times, long ago, or very recently. In order to participate, it is important that you are comfortable in using and understanding spoken and written English. The study will consist of an interview, either over the phone or by video calling (e.g., Skype), followed by a set of short on-line questionnaires. Any information that you provide to us during this study will remain confidential and anonymous. Please note that there will be no questions related to sexual abuse experiences.

If you think you might like to participate, and are interested in learning more about this study, please click on the link below to read about what is involved. All participants will receive a $5 eGift Card to Starbucks to thank you for your participation!

https://uvic.fluidsurveys.com/s/CSAGS/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail. Thank you very much!

Lianne Rosen, M.Sc.
csags.rosen@gmail.com

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”