Spoilers in titles

Section for general notices concerning this forum.

I have read and understood the rules on spoilers

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 105

zepto

Re: Spoilers in titles

Post by zepto »

ashridge_mack wrote: Just to make sure, what you're saying is that there is no expectation that we should tone down our titles?

Cheers
Yes :) that's exactly right
jessie1411
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by jessie1411 »

Apologies, think I am guilty of this.
Thank you for explaining it.
Someday

Post by Someday »

When I joined I noticed other posts with "trigger" on the tittle. I actually thought it was a form of politeness in this forum. So I followed with that for one particular post. For that I do apologize. I was just following what I thought was protical and not trying to pull attention from others. I just needed to vent and tell someone before getting consumed by the past.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

And that is exactly why I made a general post - that way I cover everyone and don't target individuals who have all made a genuine mistake. Well, lets face it, it isn't exactly crime of the century and it has also been done with the utmost best of intentions. So this post is just a reminder - not aimed at anyone in particular but all of us here.

I know other sites do it but when every post has 'trigger' written in it, it loses its impact. So we decided years ago to pick the 'nothing' rather than the 'all' approach. Then when one or two start creeping back in, it can detract from other posts. Hope everyone understands.
Rosie-the-Riveter

Post by Rosie-the-Riveter »

Jamie wrote:I know other sites do it but when every post has 'trigger' written in it, it loses its impact. So we decided years ago to pick the 'nothing' rather than the 'all' approach.
Yeah, I agree with this. And, the thing is, different topics will be triggering for different people anyway. So, when I'm expected to include the word "trigger" for anything that could be triggering, then I feel like I should put that word on everything, which is effectively pointless.

Return to “Notice Board”