enquiry

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
eionam
Approved Researcher
Approved Researcher

enquiry

Post by eionam »

Hi

My name is Mireia and i'm an actress from Barcelona. This morning I contacted Napac Centre, who talked to me about this place. I'm writting here because i'm currently preparing a role for a film in Spain, and my character is a young bulimic girl, who has been sexually abused by her father since she was a child.

I personally suffered of anorexia for few months one year and half ago, but it was linked to a completely different cause, so I was wondering if maybe someone would like to share their story with me, because i think it's such an important thing to be fully understood and performed in a way that is close to reality. And it's always better to know it from someone who had suffered it.

I understand it's something very delicate and you can explain me whatever you feel comfortable to talk about. I would never use anything you would tell me and I'm able to talk by Skype or face to face i can invite you for a coffee.

My character behaves radically, aggressively with extreme and dangerous sexual practices and self-harm. She is bulimic under the pretext "she needs to be skinny to always be liked".

I'm asking this because i wouldn't like people to watch her and think "wow, she's crazy", i want people to get to understand her and use this character to approach a little bit more this terrible subject. To do so I feel I need to know more about it, not only scientifically, but through people who know how it is for real.

I hope this all make sense. I live in London at the moment, and I can go anywhere at anytime.

Than you very much.

Mireia

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”