the views and experiences of self-defined ritual abuse survivors

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

the views and experiences of self-defined ritual abuse survivors

Post by Jamie »

My name is Joseph Lumbasi a PhD student at the University of Dundee School of Education and Social Work. I am undertaking a PhD study focusing on the views and experiences of self-defined ritual abuse survivors on the use of online forums and social media platforms. I would like you to help me circulate my survey to your members to help me reach a wider audience. If you know of any organisation or groups that work with ritual abuse survivors, I will appreciate your help to circulate the survey.

The survey will close in 6 days from today, so any help will be appreciated.

This research is being carried out as part of my PhD study at the University of Dundee School of Education and Social Work, and the results will be used to inform others on how online support spaces are viewed and experienced by self-defined RA survivors.
This study will inform the understanding on the:

1. Barriers in offline services that have motivated ritual abuse survivors to seek support in online platforms.

2. Advantages of online support spaces as spaces and places that have helped ritual abuse survivors to overcome or minimise barriers encountered in offline spaces.

3. Disadvantages if any that ritual abuse survivors have encountered while utilising online platforms.
I understand that this may be a difficult topic, so resources will be provided at the end of the survey to all participants.
Ethical approval has been received from the University of Dundee’s Research Ethics Committee.
If you have any ethical concerns with this study, please contact Dr Murray Simpson, Education and Social Work SREC Convener on m.k.simpson@dundee.ac.uk.

Please do not comment on this post or you risk identifying yourself. To participate in this research, please copy and paste this link into your browser [do not click the link please]

https://dundee.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/views-and-experiences-of-self-identified-ra-survivors-on-t-4

If you have any questions or would like a full list of resources, please contact j.a.lumbasi@dundee.ac.uk.

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”