University of Oxford - Parenting Study

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

University of Oxford - Parenting Study

Post by Jamie »

We invite you to take part in a survey. This study hopes to answer the following questions:
1. How do mothers who have experienced child sexual abuse believe these experiences have affected their parenting practices?
2. What resources or intervention components do they believe they need to cope with this trauma?
We hope that this study informs intervention efforts and our understanding of the support that mothers who have experienced child sexual abuse may need.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Brittany.Lange@spi.ox.ac.uk

To participate, please follow this link: https://oxford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/a-mixed-methods-investigation

Brittany C.L. Lange, MPH
University of Oxford
tony
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: University of Oxford - Parenting Study

Post by tony »

I have queried why it is only mothers experiences that are required for this survey. I went to exceptional lengths to keep our five children safe during their schooling.
Strength is not defined by how much you can take before you break. It’s about how much you can bear after you have been broken.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

tony wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 pm I have queried why it is only mothers experiences that are required for this survey. I went to exceptional lengths to keep our five children safe during their schooling.
Good for you Tony! Let us know the reply.
tony
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by tony »

She replied almost instantly.

-------------------------------------------------

My current work specifically focuses on mothers, as mothers and fathers may face different parenting challenges, and thus may need different components for an intervention developed for them. For example, women face unique parenting experiences with breastfeeding.

While I am currently starting my work in this area by focusing on mothers, I do hope to also conduct future research with fathers and work to develop interventions that are tailored specifically to their needs. If I conduct a similar survey with fathers in the future, I would be happy to email this to you.

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if there is anything else I can answer.

Very fair answer to my question.
Strength is not defined by how much you can take before you break. It’s about how much you can bear after you have been broken.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Yes, makes sense.
superherolearnstofly

Post by superherolearnstofly »

I'm going to query why midway through the survey it specified that the sexual abuser had to be at least five years older than the victim.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Why does the abuser have to be older at all?
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Vic A

Post by Vic A »

Taking each day as it comes 🙈Learning to take deep breaths ,reminding child over and over again of the pants rules and taking setraline to take the edge of

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”