Research into Decision Making

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Research into Decision Making

Post by Jamie »

Alex Lloyd wrote:I am a PhD researcher at Royal Holloway, University of London, conducting research under the supervision of Dr Nicholas Furl and Professor Ryan McKay. We are recruiting participants for a project examining the influence of early life stress of decision-making. We were wondering if you would be able to share our project across your network to those who may have had historic ACEs or whether we would be able to post the study on your forums? This study aims to improve our understanding of how early experiences influence decision-making across our lives and inform interventions to support young people and adults.
The study is open to individuals aged 16+. If an individual chooses to take part, they will complete a short computerised game followed by two questionnaires, which should take no longer than 25 minutes. There is no deception in the task and participants are informed that they are free to withdraw at any point during the study without having to provide an explanation. The task is hosted entirely through an online platform (Gorilla.sc) and therefore the research team has no direct contact with participants. Participants will be reimbursed for their time in the form of an Amazon Gift card or PayPal transfer. This study has been approved by the Royal Holloway Ethics Committee and we can provide a confirmation of the ethics form if you wish to see a copy.

LINK TO STUDY

Alex Lloyd MSc MBPsS AFHEA
PhD Researcher
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham, TW20 0EX

The PsyPAG Quarterly | Lead Editor
Email: Alex.Lloyd.2018@rhul.ac.uk
Liz

Re: Research into Decision Making

Post by Liz »

For what it's worth i have just completed this and found it interesting both in completing it and understanding the reasons behind doing the study. It made sense to me and i can see why it might be useful to publish this kind of study.

That's all not very scientifically put...but i'm sure there is a strong correlation between the two.

And...if you aren't sure then i think there were get out buttons if you didn't want to go any further with it. The questionnaire towards the 2nd half did have possibly triggering questions. so look after yourself if you decide to go ahead.

And there was meant to be a monetary reward through paypal/amazon vouchers.

Liz x
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”