Welsh Speaking Volunteer needed for ITV

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Welsh Speaking Volunteer needed for ITV

Post by Jamie »

This is from the producer:
Anwen Jones wrote:Good afternoon,
My name is Anwen Jones, I work for ITV Wales on a Welsh language current affairs programme called Y Byd ar Bedwar.
For the upcoming series which is scheduled to air in October, we are researching into a programme which looks at child sex offenders living in the north Wales area. There has been an increase in sex offenders living in North Wales recently, and we feel it important to investigate this trend and explore the current rehabilitation process for sex offenders.
Prior to coronavirus we had filmed in an area of North Wales where residents had raised concerns regarding paedophiles being released into their communities. We are now picking up on this subject again as we explore the current situation in North Wales. One question a number of people raise is how are those decisions made and why is there such a high number of sex offenders in North Wales. With these concerns in mind, I'm contacting you today because arguably the most important dimension to this topic are the survivors of child sexual abuse. Their traumatic, harrowing experiences are of utmost importance and we feel we have a duty as journalists to explore this topic and speak to adult survivors of child sexual abuse to gather their thoughts on it.
As we are a Welsh language programme we are looking for a Welsh speaking survivor of child sexual abuse to interview on this occasion, preferably from the North Wales area. I was wondering whether you would be able to help with this enquiry? The deadline for this request is the end of August, but there is some flexibility.
I understand that recounting a traumatic memory, no matter how long ago the event happened, can bring to the forefront those difficult hurtful times again. Therefore I would like to assure you that we will take the utmost care and professionalism with this matter. Personally, I have recently attended a course on reporting trauma, and the team have an abundance of experience reporting on traumatic events.
Please don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Anwen Jones
If you would like to volunteer please drop me a PM and I will forward the contact details.

Thanks, Jamie.

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”