Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE), Mental health and Life satisfaction

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE), Mental health and Life satisfaction

Post by Jamie »

Hi everyone,

As a 3rd year Psychology student it's such an amazing opportunity to complete my own study.
My study is going to be investigating the links between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE), Mental health and Life satisfaction. Now I understand the nature of this is sensitive and I want to reassure you that everything will be anonymous.

SO if you think you have experienced childhood abuse/neglect then I would be highly grateful if you can participate in this.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me on here or email me on elv1mpo@bolton.ac.uk

Thankyou in advance to anyone who completes the questionnaire which should take around 10-15 minutes to complete.

The questionnaire is currently open and will due to be closed at the end of January

To access the questionnaire please click on this link
Stephen

Re: Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE), Mental health and Life satisfaction

Post by Stephen »

Done. Took less than 5 minutes, questions are quite simple and answers are "on a scale of....." Questions are about nature of each abuse type and current circumstances of health, life and feeling towards it. No intimate details of abuse or explanations were requested beyond how often you may have been beaten with certain things or how often each type of abuse happened.

Stephen
Jasee
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Jasee »

Completed
Hope research might go to some good use one day, perhaps make a difference for others, prevent, hopefully, repetition of abuse done to children.
Lisa_Lisa
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Lisa_Lisa »

Completed too.
I keep saying the same thing over and over in the hope of reaching an understanding that will lead to healing. Not because I'm stuck.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Completed it in around 10 minutes. I found the range of permitted responses to be rather restrictive. The scale could include other options to cover more scenarios. (It's difficult to express what I mean here.)
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Pmarsupial
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Pmarsupial »

I wonder if they have data analysts to run thier surveys past, there is s bit of art/science to creating a good survey.
DIY is apparently my Kryptonite.
FloweringVine
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by FloweringVine »

actnormal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:55 am Completed it in around 10 minutes. I found the range of permitted responses to be rather restrictive. The scale could include other options to cover more scenarios. (It's difficult to express what I mean here.)
Pmarsupial wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:40 am I wonder if they have data analysts to run thier surveys past, there is s bit of art/science to creating a good survey.
The questionnaires used seemed to be standardised ones (as I'd expect with an undergrad project) rather than devised by the researcher. So they're constrained by having to use what's been previously created and validated. Doesn't mean the scale is a good one, I just mean it seems like this isn't down to the student or supervisor but existing researchers.
I was abused within a Christian setting. Please don't suggest praying or turning to God, and please do not offer to pray for me.

I am not open to messages containing discriminatory content.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I know that it needs to be able to produce numbers, and that the designer is also under constraints, but one should always start with reality, and make things bend to fit that, rather than the other way round. It's not a biggie anyway. I'm sure their work will produce some useful stats.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
FloweringVine
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by FloweringVine »

actnormal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:14 am I know that it needs to be able to produce numbers, and that the designer is also under constraints, but one should always start with reality, and make things bend to fit that, rather than the other way round. It's not a biggie anyway. I'm sure their work will produce some useful stats.
Agreed. And that's a consistent issue with quantitative psychology research which seeks to reduce human experience to numerical values. It simplifies and reduces by its very nature. The questionnaires will have started somewhere in reality. But rarely will they have started from good qualitative studies that looked at people's experiences. I just meant that this is something for experienced researchers to address and is outside the scope of an undergrad project :)
I was abused within a Christian setting. Please don't suggest praying or turning to God, and please do not offer to pray for me.

I am not open to messages containing discriminatory content.
**blessed**

Post by **blessed** »

Completed! Hope this helps your research !
💕 You are so loved 💕
North Woods

Post by North Woods »

Done. Hope it helps.

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”