Research Volunteers Needed

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Research Volunteers Needed

Post by Jamie »

rosiedavies322000@gmail.com wrote:Hi if you can spare a minute to take part in my research project on the impact of emotional abuse on children as they grow up

I would like to interview a few people on this topic to hear from survivors and your stories and experiences. Also, I have a internet link for a survey if that works better for you. Please get in touch. My contact details are below:

Phone Number: 07849 797383
Email Address: rosiedavies322000@gmail.com

The internet link is:
https://jcgyjqjpyke.typeform.com/to/Me9vp4T7

It will run from the 30th of December 2022 to the 20th of February 2023
Jasee
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Research Volunteers Needed

Post by Jasee »

Hi, do we know for what purpose, rationale, whom or what organisation this research is for, or whom it might help. Thank you
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Jasee wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:25 pm Hi, do we know for what purpose, rationale, whom or what organisation this research is for, or whom it might help. Thank you
Its for a student's Sociology Module.

Feel free to contact the Researcher.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I have emailed the researcher ((Reply is Below)and asked them for more information. I'm sure it's just an oversight; (students are often pressed for time) but all universities have ethical rules for the carrying out of research. At a minimum these include "must haves" such as the following:

Here's what (for example;) Cork University says about research surveys

Informed Consent
In general, participation in surveys should be on the basis of fully-informed, freely-given consent. Thus, information on the nature and purpose of the study and other aspects should be provided. Particular consideration is required when recruiting potentially vulnerable groups – e.g. students whom you assess, temporary employees.
Confidentiality & Anonymity
Unless there are specific reasons, participants should be guaranteed that they will remain anonymous. If personally identifying data are required, they should generally be guaranteed that nothing in a research report will render them identifiable.
Non-harm
Surveys may occasionally touch on very sensitive matters. It is important to inform participants of this in advance, consider how gather the information you need in a sensitive way, and to provide details of supports for those who may be distressed.
Data Storage
Data must be processed and stored in a secure fashion at all times.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Jenny198619

Post by Jenny198619 »

Done x
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

For info, we always ask to see the ethical approval before we post any adverts for research.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

The Researcher wrote:Hi

Sorry about that. Here are the details.

I am a student at York College and I am undertaking a research project as part of my assignment. My supervisor is Daniel Nelson and his email address is
DNelson@yorkcollege.ac.uk.

Your personal data and details will be anonymous and will only be used in my research project. It will not be pass onto any third parties. Also you have the right to withdraw,during and after the interview or the survey and your information will not be used in the research project.
Also before a interview, I will give you a informal consent form to sign. Saying the same things as above.

I find this subject something I am interesting in as I want to become a counselling and I feel it is not talk about as much as it should be.

I hope this have has helped answer your questions.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Landongirl

Post by Landongirl »

I have just seen this and completed the short questionnaire, very basic and non intrusive.
The voice of the sea speaks to the soul
Tez
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Tez »

done
The damage done by trauma does not have to be a lifetime sentence , we are born with the innate capacity to overcome and heal our trauma, it is curable , and you can overcome it ,You can reclaim your mind . :D
Madfraggle
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Madfraggle »

Done.

It was quite short, but I have to say personally I still found it quite triggering.

That said I am at a very early stage in my journey in terms of dealing with this stuff.
I'm exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel

Very grateful for this safe space

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Research end date extended to 20th March 2023

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”