Interpersonal Trauma, Counseling, and Power.

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Interpersonal Trauma, Counseling, and Power.

Post by Jamie »

Laura Dunson Caputo wrote:Hello everyone! My name is Laura Dunson Caputo, and I am writing to invite you to this dissertation research study through Kent State University (ethics board approval #323) titled "Interpersonal Trauma, Counseling, and Power."

As a counselor and a client, I firmly believe that mental health providers need to listen more to clients, particularly regarding trauma. Additionally, there are very real power dynamics that can come up in counseling between client, counselor, mental health system, and society. The purpose of this study is to highlight client experiences of power while engaged in mental health counseling, to help improve counseling services for folks who have experienced trauma.

Participants who complete the study receive a $25 gift card for their time. This study has been approved by the Kent State University research ethics board (#323). We are looking for up to 35 participants.
Eligible participants are women (transgender or cisgender), 18+, currently/recently enrolled in mental health counseling services, who have previous experiences with trauma.

Participation in the study includes reviewing the Informed Consent, completing a demographics survey, and meeting with a researcher for a 30-60 minute interview. The total time commitment is 60-90 minutes. Participation includes discussing your experience with power during the counseling process. You will not be asked to disclose or share about your experience with trauma.

If you’re interested, you can complete our screening questionnaire and Informed Consent. This process takes about 10 minutes: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ddu5QkJn6Wn4sYu

Any further questions can be directed to me (Laura) via email at ldunson1@kent.edu.
FloweringVine
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Interpersonal Trauma, Counseling, and Power.

Post by FloweringVine »

For anyone who may be interested, this is only for folks in the US.
I was abused within a Christian setting. Please don't suggest praying or turning to God, and please do not offer to pray for me.

I am not open to messages containing discriminatory content.
LISA.1017
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by LISA.1017 »

It's NOT just for those in the US.

I just did it! My husband's from Ohio, and this college is based in Ohio; and I am an American, but it's for a global outreach. However, this research is for women only... and you get a choice of a $25 gift card to either Amazon, Target, or Walmart if you're chosen as a participant. They send it to you electronically.

Anyway, very straightforward. They schedule an online video interview with you if you're selected, and you can choose any video app like Skype or Zoom, or even Teams. I told her if she knew this site was hosted in the UK, and she said it doesn't matter because all the interviews are done on video calls. Just an FYI for those who are interested. Personally, I just wanted the Target card.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Research now closed.

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”