Media request - volunteers needed

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Media request - volunteers needed

Post by Jamie »

Frances wrote:Hello,
I am a freelance writing for the Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, Mother and
Baby, Bella, The Independent and others. I am passionate about the rights of
children and about highlighting the very real dangers that many of our children
still face every day from within their own homes. I am researching an article on
child abuse perpetrated by step parents or partners of natural parents. I am
writing this because of the number of cases in the news recently about children
abused by a natural parent's partner and where the natural parent did not stop
the abuse.
I would like to speak to any adults who as children experienced abuse by a step
parent and whose own mother or father did not stop it. I'd be interested in
thoughts on why some natural parents feel powerless to stop the abuse of their
children by their partners. If anyone at Havoca would feel able to speak to me
about their thoughts, theories and opinions on why some parents do not protect
their children I would like them to get in touch. Ideally I would be grateful if
some people would be willing to be identified in the piece-
Many Thanks,
Frances
If you would like to volunteer please email Frances directly, franceschilds_uk@yahoo.co.uk
vapor

Re: Media request - volunteers needed

Post by vapor »

i don't see how it is any different than what i and many others have experienced, being abused by one natural parent while the other was passive or passively abusive as well. the only difference is that divorce happened, which is not surprising given that people who would neglect the well-being of their child are dysfunctional and less likely to be capable of sustaining a relationship. because these people are dysfunctional, they are drawn to other dysfunctional people who are more likely to be abusive.
Dare2heal

Post by Dare2heal »

Greetings,
Please let me know if you are still interested in interviewing people. I did not have a step-parent, but was raised with my mother and aunt. My mother did not protect me from my aunt for the 14 years I lived with both of them. It seems that the experience is parallel to your project.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Dare2heal wrote:Greetings,
Please let me know if you are still interested in interviewing people. I did not have a step-parent, but was raised with my mother and aunt. My mother did not protect me from my aunt for the 14 years I lived with both of them. It seems that the experience is parallel to your project.
If you would like to volunteer please email Frances directly, franceschilds_uk@yahoo.co.uk

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”