HAVOCA Survivors Network Map

Section for general notices concerning this forum.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

HAVOCA Survivors Network Map

Post by Jamie »

The idea of the HAVOCA Survivors Network Map is to provide members with the facility to tag their location. This will allow members who are located in the same vicinity to potentially meet up for coffee, informal group sessions or just awareness that they arent alone.

If you would like your tag (location and username) to be displayed on the map then please PM me with your approximate location. We recommend giving the name of a town/village or a meeting place.

Only people who have this link can see the map - therefore they would need to be forum members in the first instance.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Re: HAVOCA Survivors Network Map

Post by Jamie »

Only seven takers? Not exactly a resounding success. :scratch:

Any other takers?
Northern

Post by Northern »

Nice emoji.

Might be some haven't seen the post or could be some people need a little bit of time to decided if they are comfortable with the idea. I think it is a good idea and am grateful that you have taken the time to create the map.

Anyone passing through the central belt of Scotland wanting to grab a coffee, I'm free :)
Hovisg
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Hovisg »

I haven't been able to follow the link Jamie until today maybe others having access issues too?
Hugs Hovis xx :love1:
Northern

Post by Northern »

Good point Hosvig. It goes via google drive which may throw some people.
Emerald

Post by Emerald »

The answer could be to offer a Pin With No Name as an alternative option.

It might be that people could be ready and eager to see if there are others within travel distance, (or, equally, might see a collection of pins in a more distant town, where they wouldn't risk running into people who could identify them. - a bit like going to a gay bar or something) If they have already disclosed something private, under their posting name, they might prefer to appear as a pin with no name.

Otherwise, for example, you might have said something about someone who still frightens you. Rightly or wrongly, you might fear that he could read the site, recognise the detail, therefore be warned that you are considering starting to reveal information which is a risk to him. In a habit of fear, you wouldn't risk rousing him to take some action to silence you.

It isn't always stupid to be afraid. Not very long ago a nurse was killed on her way to work, by a man she once had a brief casual fling with. He couldn't accept she wanted nothing more to do with him, so he told her and anyone who would listen that he intended to kill her. She moved, changed jobs, changed name. He was arrested and imprisoned repeatedly, and deported repeatedly, being an illegal immigrant. BUT equally repeatedly, he strolled straight back into the country and promptly traced her yet again. She may have been carrying a copy of a court injunction with power of arrest, but it wasn't much use as a stab proof jacket.
anna 1
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by anna 1 »

Hi Jamie could you please add me to the survivors network I'm on the boarders of Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire you could tag my in theme .many thanks x
NinaEllie
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by NinaEllie »

I thought about taking this up but then I realised it's too "real" for me at the moment. I don't want to be easily found either by estranged family or others at the moment, especially with an ongoing legal process surrounding the very reason I'm here. Just thought I'd throw in my two penneth as to why I've not done this.

Nina
ashridge_mack
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by ashridge_mack »

Hi Jamie

Just considering all the ramifications of this before jumping.

Personally I would have less to consider if it was a pin with no name, for general consumption on the map - not sure how you'd proceed from there though... just thinking it through for now!
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Not sure how a pin with no name would work. If you just want to see if other survivors are in your area then just look at the map. Placing a pin with no name isn't any use to anyone else either. (I don't think)
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Great, a few more names and also the first two names in the US!
charlies angel
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by charlies angel »

Hold on a sec, I do see how a pin with no name can help.

It's like on Gumtree when only part of the sellers phone number is shown. If you want to buy (therefore ring the person) you have to click on a button marked 'reveal' to show their full number. I know that sounds a bit odd - because granted anyone can do that easily but it keeps it more likely to be an interested party rather than just presenting all the information. It does feels a little more guarded that way. Kinda forces someone to go a small extra step if they wish to meet up or consider it. I hope that's a good example.

There's an 'exposure' feeling about it to my mind. I understand where it's coming from I think.

If no-one wants to meet up with a member who is on the central south coast, they don't need to know instantly that it's me who lives there do they? If I couldn't ever get to Anglesey, I have no need to know who it is that lives there- but it is of interest to see how the spread across the country is should I ever feel that I would like to meet and the potential to have that discussion. So just pins with a way of then clicking to reveal who in some way does have a less 'out there' feel. It is an interesting thing to explore - feelings of exposure and all that and it's a good thing to be discussing it too.

Thank you for making this happen Jamie - your work is much appreciated.

CA x
Northern

Post by Northern »

Good point CA. What about if it's just pins? Then if someone sees a pin near them, they could put a message up asking if the person with Glasgow (in my case) pin fancies getting in touch. That person could then PM the person who posted if they felt like it?
charlies angel
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by charlies angel »

I like that.. sounds perfectly straightforward too....
I be interested to see what others think
CA x
Wavingnotdrowning

Post by Wavingnotdrowning »

I tried but it wouldn't let access the map. ?

Return to “Notice Board”