Poll - How do you use the forum?

This forum is open to members and guests and allows a straw poll to be taken across the broader sector of all survivors.

When you first log on to the index page you mainly...

You may select 1 option

View results

Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Poll - How do you use the forum?

Post by Jamie »

In order to determine how members surf the main sections, please pick an option that best suits your surfing habits for this forum.

Feel free to leave a comment to expand your answer
l-j
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Poll - How do you use the forum?

Post by l-j »

I go straight to the forum I’m interested in. Access from my phone all the time and I do t see a new posts or unread posts link - I would use these if they’re available on the mobile site
zepto

Post by zepto »

I have new posts bookmarked and it opens straight on that page. (I don’t go to the index page)

L-J I have these links on my mobile-they’re in the top left for me. What type of os do you have?
SunshineSmile

Post by SunshineSmile »

I tend to go straight to Introductions, and then when I've finished there, I start clicking around wherever catches my eye. Unless I need to post something then I go to the section for that. :)
To the world you may be one person;
But to one person you may be the world.

Dr Seuss

Havoca website

Havoca Sponsor
Grateful for my Safe Place
l-j
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by l-j »

Ooooh I’ve found it Zepto, thanks!
Rob 55
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Rob 55 »

haha thanks for this poll - I hadn't noticed the quick links before! [only been using the forum for 3 months ... :p)
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Rob 55 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:39 pm haha thanks for this poll - I hadn't noticed the quick links before! [only been using the forum for 3 months ... :p)
:wink:
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

L-J wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:58 pm Ooooh I’ve found it Zepto, thanks!
:hello1:
Hovisg
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Hovisg »

I look at list of new posts then the list of no reply posts than usually look or add 3 word news bit whatever bit that's in 8)
Hovis xx
you never ever give up :cheers:

cottoncandy-dreams

Post by cottoncandy-dreams »

I didn't know there was a new posts button. Normally I just browse, but a lot of the time I check my notifications.
“This above all: to thine own self be true.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I use the Quick Links menu (on my phone screen that's at the top left and looks like a square button with triple horizontal bars) and mostly go to new topics or unanswered topics.

I also use unread topics but I keep accidentally marking all topics read on my phone screen so that doesn't help. Tell me if you are expecting a follow up on a conversation; I don't mean to ignore you.

I also use "active topics" but not very often.

I always think it would be useful if I could vary the criteria for "new topics" (the age that new" means)
Last edited by Coeur de Lion on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Whoever wrote the previous comment is so cool.
:hello2:
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
elephant

Post by elephant »

I am an erratic and chaotic user of Havoca. My moods dictate the way I decide on what to do on the site. Sometimes I feel positive and so go straight to the Introductions and respond to new users with a cheerful 'hello and welcome'. My wording is different for every new user to make me seem more interesting. If my positivity holds out I will read a few new posts and support the author with some caring and supportive words. I avoid the Emotional and Physical Abuse forums because I struggle with them. I tend to be almost obsessed with the Sexual Abuse forums because it was such a major part of my growing into an adult. I crave understanding as I sometimes cannot understand myself.
Every so often I dip into the Humour forum but I am never sure if my humour will be taken as such.
I do look at other areas but a lot of it goes over my head.
I love it when someone starts a new quirky topic such as this one I am responding to now.
I don't always use Havoca just to wallow in self pity!
When my moods dip I tend to repeat stuff I think I have said so many times previously. The anger, frustration and sadness take over me and I need to tell everyone on Havoca that I feel sad and need them to listen and comfort me, at this point there is nobody in the world that matters other than myself. I regress sometimes to the little boy that suffered so much.
Havoca friends then rally and bring me back to a peaceful state of mind. I then try and thank the people that saved my sanity on yet another occasion.
I tend to look for specific users posts as I am fond of their style. I am almost a weird sort of fan of their work.
I get excited when I see that someone has Sent me a PM, I like to think that this level of support is sent from the heart and just for me. I have specific users that I genuinely feel are my friends that I might even meet one day but perhaps in another life.
I am not brilliant on these sort of sites for working my way around and sometimes feel overwhelmed with there being so much to access.
Ultimately I have found a massive amount of support from Havoca and I wonder if my life may have come to an end late last year had certain users not responded as they did.
Finally, this is a great topic/ thread.
Perhaps I have over done this reply!!!
Applepies

Post by Applepies »

I mainly use the forum to rant and rave whenever I feel like expressing negative emotions. I realised bottling up emotions causes more pain, prolonger pain unresolved anger. I have made the goal of venting on this forum so I can let the energy be released from me instead of letting it fester. I thank havoca for designing this forum well. I have changed a lot and no longer afraid I can stand up for myself. I am not ashamed of what I went through. I feel like I have power and freedom.

Return to “Poll of the Week”