Forum Upgrade

Section for general notices concerning this forum.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Forum Upgrade

Post by Jamie »

As I seem to be asking for donations a lot lately I thought I'd spend a few minutes letting you know where the recent sponsorship has gone.

The forum runs on something called open source software - in other words its free to download and use. There are also 'experts' who design additions and extensions to the open source software to make forum's easier to use. As this board has grown; the complexity and functionality has also increased. This means that everytime a new version of the software is released to cover any problems, security issues and quick fixes, it becomes increasingly difficult and complicated for me to unravel the forum's engine, do the work and then reinstate. Like car maintenance, there are some quick fixes that I can manage myself but more often or not I have to pay for experts to come in and do the upgrade.

So the latest sponsorship has paid for the forum to be upgraded. A bit like a service on your car; it keeps it smooth, fast and operational. The upgrades should be fairly transparent to the user but they would soon become noticeable if they were done.

Anyway, thats a quick update. The forum is now running up to date!

If you have any questions or experience any problems with the forum let me know.

For anyone who likes techy details the upgrade info can be found here: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.2.2

Jamie
SunshineSmile

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by SunshineSmile »

:) My husband has a friend who helps him with personal computer stuff and even that goes straight over my head!

Thanks for an understandable explanation Jamie - I feel quite clever this morning! :wink:
FitterHappier

Post by FitterHappier »

Hi Jamie,

I'll donate next pay day, I promise!
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

smokingeisha wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 am Hi Jamie,

I'll donate next pay day, I promise!
Great, thank you. £1 million should just about see us even..... :-)
SunshineSmile wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 am Thanks for an understandable explanation Jamie
:cheers:
SunshineSmile

Post by SunshineSmile »

:lol:

Return to “Notice Board”