Volunteer

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Volunteer

Post by Jamie »

Leah wrote:I'm a journalist at Mercury Press news agency in Manchester. We supply content to all of the national press/online/TV/women's magazines, and also send out stories internationally through our US and Australia offices.
I was wondering if you might have any UK case studies from childhood abuse survivors, who would like to share their experiences for a feature story?
They would need to be happy to waive their anonymity and have a chat on their phone with me, and also send over some images to go out with the story. There needs to be a conviction and the story needs to have not made the national newspapers before. Once written, they will get a full read back of the copy before it gets sent out on our news wire.
I understand a lot of the people you might work with are quite vulnerable and may not wish to do this, which is completely understandable as it’s a big step. I just wanted to see if there was anyone who would feel comfortable to do a sensitively conducted interview with me, in hopes of helping others who may be struggling through a similar situation.
We will of course link back to HAVOCA in the piece - it would be great to raise even more awareness and support for such a brilliant organisation that helps so many people.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to let me know!
Kind regards,
Leah Fox
If you think you might be interested please contact Leah using the email address below

leahfox@mercurypress.co.uk

Alternatively, contact her mobile on 07884 666173

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”