Private Rooms in mChat

Section for general notices concerning this forum.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Private Rooms in mChat

Post by Jamie »

After several requests, many hours of research and lots of pain, we have managed to integrate the facility to add rooms within the mChat facility.

Due to the costs involved, I'm afraid I will have to limit it to 'Sponosrs' only at this time. That doesn't mean mChat isn't available for others to use, it just means they won't have access to any of the rooms apart from the main lobby.

To that end, please have a look (and a play) with the new system.

Thank you to @Symphony and @Dewlanna who helped me get the system up and running today!

I will probably knock up an 'idiots guide' at some point in the future.

Please use this thread to make comments/suggestions and ask questions.

As always, if you like what you see, please feel free to show your appreciation by donating (link in my signature).

Thanks
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Re: Private Rooms in mChat

Post by Jamie »

User Guide

Sponsors can easily add additional rooms to the mChat facility. These rooms can be set as private/password protected/public

Click the 'new rooms' link at the top on the right hand side.

To invite someone to a private room, you can use the the 'invite user' icon at the top on the right hand side.

Make sure you select the room you wish the invite to be for in the drop down menu.

The invite arrives as a notification

By default, you can create up to ten rooms. You can only invite ten people per room.

Invites expire after 15mins. If you don't receive an invite that you were expecting, then please refresh your browser.

Warning; Messages and interactions in the private rooms are still logged and are subject to all of our forum rules. Moderators have access to all rooms but we don't plan on barging in! If a moderator does enter your room, you will see they are there.

Please don't neglect the 'Lobby' where non-sponsors will be chatting.

Rooms are deleted once all members have left that room.

Rules and exceptions can be generated as we grow into the new extension.

Again, feedback appreciated.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Just checked it out. Great new addition and I'm sure it will be popular. Thankyou Jamie and all involved with time, help and suggestions.
Lisa_Lisa
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Lisa_Lisa »

Just to say I tried out inviting someone with non-sponsor status and it worked fine, I hope it remains possible for anyone to be invited once a sponsor has set up a room.

Thanks again for everything you do
Corrie

Post by Corrie »

Jamie, is there a post somewhere which details how you can become a sponsor. Is there a guide on the amount of the donation and frequency? I’ve had a quick look and I couldn’t find anything.
Corrie
Lisa_Lisa
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Lisa_Lisa »

Corrie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:05 pm Jamie, is there a post somewhere which details how you can become a sponsor. Is there a guide on the amount of the donation and frequency? I’ve had a quick look and I couldn’t find anything.
Corrie
https://www.havoca.org/donate/

Here's the info, you can do something one off or something monthly (I think most people use paypal), it takes Jamie a few days to match up with your username to upgrade you so best to pm to say what email address you donated with
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Corrie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:05 pm Jamie, is there a post somewhere which details how you can become a sponsor. Is there a guide on the amount of the donation and frequency? I’ve had a quick look and I couldn’t find anything.
Corrie
Here you go, have a look at this: Sponsorship

There's no minimum amount or frequency. Anything you can spare is hugely appreciated!
Dewlanna
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Dewlanna »

For those of you who feel uneasy about the additional mChat rooms being for sponsors only, only a very small one time donation is required to gain sponsor status. And when you donate, you don't just get certain privileges, you are really helping this site stay alive. I belonged to SomethingFishy, an eating disorder forum, for over a decade, and suddenly it collapsed due to money problems, never to return. It was a huge loss as it was as important to me as HAVOCA is for so many of us. Becoming a sponsor makes all this possible. I give one pound a month, and if we all did that HVOCA would be rolling in dough. If you'd like to get some idea how things work financially, here is a link for an account of the budget for 2019. It is not current of course but it gives a general idea of what running HAVOCA costs. viewtopic.php?p=344041#p344041 I think sponsorship is a small price to pay to keep HAVOCA running, and if mChat privileges keep people donating, it makes sense, as this new chat room system cost money.

Return to “Notice Board”