Participants Needed for Research into Child Sexual Exploitation

This is where you will find calling notices for volunteers, participants and helpers for different projects across the globe. HAVOCA always checks that ethical approval is in place before allowing research to be conducted here. HAVOCA always does its best to try and guarantee the ethical, moral and legal position of the researchers but ultimately it is down to the individual to make sure they feel safe volunteering and taking part in any specific requests. If in doubt ask.
To advertise in this section please contact the Trustee, you will need to provide an outline of the study, ethical approval from an authorised board and a contact number of a relevant supervisor.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Charlotte wrote:Overview
My name is Charlotte Burrell, and I am a Trainee Educational Psychologist. I’m carrying out research to explore what support is in place in secondary schools for children who have been sexually exploited, and what challenges there are.

Who can get involved?
I’m looking for adult survivors of child sexual exploitation who would be happy to discuss their experiences about what it was like being at school at this time.
I’m interested to hear what help and support you received, what you found difficult at school, and how you think things could be improved. It is hoped that this research will allow for a better understanding of how best to support young people going through similar difficulties within schools.

What will taking part involve?
Taking part will involve an interview with myself which can be done through Microsoft teams. Questions will be related to your experiences of when you were in an educational provision and being sexually exploited. This will include questions around what support you were given at the time, what challenges there were, and what you would consider to be helpful. There will be no questions relating to any abuse that you suffered. The interview should last no more than 1 hour, and you can choose to answer as many or as few questions as you like. All information collected will be anonymous and you have the right to withdraw at any time.

How do I get involved?
If you are interested in taking part or have any questions, then please contact me on cb915@exeter.ac.uk or 07874006663

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte

Return to “Research/Studies/Projects”