Money Raising Ideas

This is where staff will post news about events that are taking place.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Re: Money Raising Ideas

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Are there any advertising affiliation things you can put on the site which would not track us in creepy ways? Just thinking if there was a way to include banner ads. They could be opt-out for people who want to donate instead. It's just that all the ad companies I know of are heavily into creepy tracking and don't respect privacy. The pseudoanonymity here is, I'm sure, important for everyone.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
HealingHeart
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by HealingHeart »

Jamie,

In the US, I have seen more and more that Facebook users leverage a fundraising opportunity around their birthday. I looked in FB and Havoca does not have one established that could be shared (maybe a difference in what US vs Europe allows).

I know this is a very personal topic but figure somehow I could position it discretely for my birthday.

I usually see people raise $100-$200. It’s not a lot, but every little bit might help.

Just a thought…

My other option is to create my own and then send Havoca the $, but people may be less inclined knowing it goes to my bank account first vs. directly to Havoca.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

What a lovely idea! Anything raised is a good thing.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
Elliecloud
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Elliecloud »

There's a computer software package called 'FunderFinder.' I know of it from the charity I used to work with in Scotland. We had a designated computer that people could use, where they could select information directly for their cause, for example, for Havoca, 'child abuse' 'support' 'online forum' 'recovery' would be among those selected. The result would produce information and contact details of organisations, national and local and individuals who offer funding toward those specific criteria. Actually, I've just done a Google search and it is now accessible online! Link to follow:

https://www.getgrants.org.uk/funding-finder/
Elliecloud x
(was Rachelle 2015-2020)

Only in growth, reform and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found.
KathrynT
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by KathrynT »

Just a comment as a recent member reading about the sponsorship made me aware of the funding that was needed and decided donate £10 from money I'd saved moving my mobile phone provider.
I'd be happy to ask for donations on Facebook for my birthday in March. Im at the point where I don't feel ashamed the adults were responsible not me as a child. I feel that mental and emotional wellbeing is a great taboo, which need to be talked about more in public abusers rely on silence to control us. I'm happy to promote havoka on the radio once I feel stronger, I'm a regular contributer on my local BBC Radio station. I could also in the future do presentations to local groups and donate the money, I currently talk on other topics.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

All sounds wonderful ((((KathrynT)))), thankyou for your thoughts on what you might do, any part of it would be great.

Stephen
KathrynT
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by KathrynT »

I've shared the link on Facebook for my birthday
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Thank you!
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

Assemble an anthology of survivors' poems from Havoca contributors, if they want to join in, and publish it using one of the print-to-order services, or a self-publishing arrangement of some sort. Approach charities which run shops and see if they will sell it.

Ditto for a book of picture artworks.

Obviously it would be opt-in per author/artist, and per work, and would need to either contain only original works or uncopyrighted (ancient) works (it's still customary to give credit where due to whoever made it!).
Liz

Post by Liz »

That sounds a great idea AN. I'd happily contribute to that.

Anyone else?

x
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin
Tony the mad poet
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Tony the mad poet »

I'd be happy to contribute art and poetry to an Havoca book. Although I would not want to give up my copyright as I plan to publish my own books eventually. I could also in the future include links to worthy causes that I am involved with like Havoca in any future books that I may publish.
The Liars Guild still have me in their grip. (The liars guild are what I called my abusers in a poem that I wrote)
Even if I don't say anything, I am sending love and compassion your way.
pondbug
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by pondbug »

it's one of the more stupid ideas i am putting forward but here goes..... more than stupid ,

when i go on my daily walks i often find money on the floor, 1 p's 2 ps etc, i'd been picking it up and putting it on a shelf when i come in, in one year it has amounted to £5.47p , i also found a £10 note on one walk.

i think people have holes in pockets. i also found a beaten up 1902 penny, nice ones are £250- £400 on ebay, no idea what a beaten up one would be less than 1p i'm guessing.

so if any one walks like me , entertain yourself and look out for old coins and new ones, they mount up and donate it here.

i found an old 1953 penny too, the walks i go on are in fields and roads, i don't think picking stuff up is criminal if you don't know who dropped it, is this a dodgy area?
i think it's recycling.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I don't think you'll get in trouble.
Technically it is theft by finding but the amounts are trifling. The maxim goes that the law does not concern itself with trifles. I generally keep such finds, unless I see someone who appears to be searching for it.

It is recycling! 😊 Your idea is not stupid.

Even if you find something very valuable you don't have to "hand it in" to any authority. You could put a poster up saying you found it, and/or log it with a lost and found database online, and/or tell the police you have it but that you will happily give it back if the owner comes forward.
Elliecloud
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Elliecloud »

My niece writes poetry, there's one poem in particular that I've shared on Havoca. I would happily ask her if she would be happy to include it in a book!
Elliecloud x
(was Rachelle 2015-2020)

Only in growth, reform and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found.
KathrynT
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by KathrynT »

I'd be happy to give my 4 survivor poems for a book.

Return to “Announcements”