Graphic Design Help Needed

Section for general notices concerning this forum.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Graphic Design Help Needed

Post by Jamie »

I saw an advert for an online counselling organisation.

I would like to adapt the theme of the advert and generate a marketing campaign for the HAVOCA forums.

The picture id like adapting is this;
Screenshot_20220121-193723_Facebook.jpg
It needs changing to represent sadness and loneliness leaving the individual and transferring to the computer.

I guess a slight change in expression and the red colour changed to blue.

Anyone here think they have the skills needed? I'd be very grateful 🙏
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HealingHeart
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Re: Graphic Design Help Needed

Post by HealingHeart »

If I was in graphic design, I completely would.

I don’t have much creativity in my system, but felt compelled to share something that Havoca provides but isn’t captured here…

For the picture, the two left images resonate…but the first picture would be more sadness (for me) than anger. …you could say, despair. I like how this image shows how the increasing messages ease this person’s sentiment.
However, one essence that isn’t captured is going from feeling alone to feeling like I have this huge group of people for support and validation. …would be interesting if, somehow, those text images became a group of people behind the person at the desk or somehow showing support or connection.

For me, your organization is so much more than this clip. I carry the strength so many people have provided me from here. I can ask questions and gain clarity….from people who really get it. I am almost 50 YO and this is the first time in my life I have found that…

So, thank you 🙏🏻
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Like the idea Jamie, but art and design are not my strong point. And thankyou HH, that's a really nice description.

Stephen
ashridge_mack
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by ashridge_mack »

Hi Jamie

I've done a fair bit of graphic design but not illustration or graphic novels, and as HH and you have both observed the expression needs changing - and that kind of stuff's not my strong suit.

However, HH also raised the possibility of changing it more drastically. And I just thought I'd put in that I think that could be a better plan, or even better using the strongest parts of the underlying idea but drawing it fresh, if anyone here has the cartoon skills. Any of the rest I could sort out.

And the other reason it maybe shouldn't be just lightly tweaked is that of course someone will almost certainly have copyright in the original image(s). In theory it shouldn't be used without clearing that. Wondering if you've considered that angle? Of course, they're unlikely to ever spot it, but... potentially a bit embarrassing if we got unlucky...

Anyway, PM me if you want! I know a bit about copyright, in practice as well as the law.

Cheers
RyteWrite
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by RyteWrite »

Another option you might consider is finding graphics online where you don't need to change them and they are free. There are several sites like that.

Personally I'd start from the beginning rather than trying to alter something else. And maybe using symbols or even emojis rather than pictures/cartoons. Just a thought. Like a big emoji for embarrassed changing over time to a bunch of emojis expressing several feelings. Just a thought.

I've done graphic design before, made signs for people, so I know marketing as well.

Cannot believe how many business questionnaires that excludes one from if you've done anything to do with marketing. :shock:
vleon
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by vleon »

Hi [mention]Jamie[/mention],
I know that it has been over a year since you asked for help about this. I just want to let you know that I have some experience working with vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. I'm not good at drawing in general, but if there's a member who can draw something by hand and either scan it or take a high resolution photo, then I might be able to turn that drawing into a neat ad.
30M in Sweden. The man on my avatar is Yukio Mishima.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Thank you, I'll PM you.
Scars
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Scars »

Hello, Jamie. I could give it a try.
scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward.There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.

I am doing the best I can, and that has to be enough for today.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Scars wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:05 am Hello, Jamie. I could give it a try.
scars
That would be great!
Mads

Post by Mads »

Hi Jamie,

Someone commented on one of my posts on the Art Board (linked below) that you were looking for help with illustration/ graphics.
viewtopic.php?p=455130#p455130

I'm currently an illustration student so potentially could help out.

best,

Mads

Return to “Notice Board”