Lanarkshire Rape Crisis Centre is a voluntary organisation with Scottish charitable status (SC 036410) located in the centre of Hamilton with easy access to public transport.
We deliver emotional and practical support to women, and girls over the age of 12 years old where there are issues arising from all forms of sexual violence including rape, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse no matter how long ago it happened.
Women & girls attending the Centre have found it safe and non-threatening.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide free and confidential emotional and practical support services to women and girls (over 12 years of age), who have been raped, sexually assaulted and/or sexually abused.
- Promote increased awareness of the issues surrounding sexual violence and the situation of women and girls who have been raped or sexually assaulted/abused, to the general public.
- Raise awareness within specialised fields who work with or provide services for women and girls, for example health, education and social work services.
We are Women Working with Women to End Violence and Abuse.
Our workers are fully trained to support you at a pace that suits you, and with as much or as little detail as you want. We encourage women and girls to be in control of this process and set their own agenda for all ongoing work, with our help.
Many women and girls particularly like the anonymity that telephone support gives them.
LRCC Help-line 01698 527003
If you are male you can receive support by calling 0141 211 6700 Mon-Thu 9am-8pm and Fri 9am-4pm.
- Crisis and ongoing telephone support
- Face to face support sessions
- Practical information
- Signposting where beneficial and appropriate
- Resource library/information/publications
- Awareness raising/training to agencies and communities
23-25 Brandon St, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire ML3 6DA