Nelson Women’s Centre
SASH-Nelson works with women and children seeking healing from rape and sexual abuse, both recent and historic.
- 24-hour crisis response for immediate assistance after sexual assault.
- Support to women when making statements at the police station.
- Private and confidential one-to-one support.
- Assistance to access other social services.
- Court support and advocacy.
- Information on police and court procedures.
- Free professional and confidential counselling.
- Support and understanding to help you start the healing process.
- Support when dealing with historical abuse.
To access any of our services and talk in confidence to someone who will understand, phone:
SASH-Nelson 03 548 2407
SASH WOW (Women of Wisdom)
For survivors of sexual abuse
Mondays 4 May – 29 June, 9.30am-12noon
held at Jaycee Room, Founders Park on Atawhai Drive
SASH invites women to share their wisdom, assist in each other’s healing and participate in an 8-week creative education and support group.
Using drawing, music, group discussion, pair work, journaling and visualisation, we will explore:
- Nurturing Ourselves
- Boundaries & Assertiveness
- Relationships, Vulnerability & Intimacy
- Shame & Body Image
- Acknowledging and Managing Our Anger/Rage
- Moving Through Grief & Loss
- Uncovering our Magnificence
Cost: This is a free group!
Contact SASH (Sexual Abuse Support & Healing) to register your interest and make a time to meet the facilitators; spaces are limited. Ring 548 2407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
Nelson Women’s Centre Contacts
Phone: 03 546 7986
Fax: 03 546 7982
Email: Contact Coordinator
Phone: 03 546 8441
Fax: 03 546 7982
Email: Contact Soc.Worker
Phone: 03 548 2407
Fax: 03 548 2406
Email: Contact SASH