PODS: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors A project of Survivors Trauma and Abuse Recovery Trust (START)
Description of agency: START is a registered charity which exists to promote recovery from and raise awareness of dissociative disorders by providing training, education and support to dissociative survivors and their professional and lay supporters, and by campaigning for appropriate treatment. START provides the legal, administrative and financial structure to enable these objectives to be met through a number of different but connected projects. START’s principal project is PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors). PODS works to make recovery from dissociative disorders a reality through training, informing and supporting.
Address: 3 Archers Court, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6XG.
The Helpline is now open on a Tuesday between 3pm and 5pm.
- training days/workshops to inform and educate about the reality of living with and recover from dissociation, trauma and sexual abuse, suitable both for dissociative survivors, their supporters and professionals such as counsellors and psychotherapists
- opportunities for survivors, partners and supporters to meet together and provide mutual support
- a weekly telephone helpline
- ongoing email support
- resources such as the magazine ‘Multiple Parts’, Resource Guides, and Emergency DID Information cards
- signposting to other organisations
- Mutual support groups
- dissociative survivors
- their supporters
- professionals working with dissociative survivors