The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton is a feminist-based not-for-profit charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
Vision: A world free of sexual violence
Mission: The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) exists to empower individuals affected by sexual abuse and assault, and empower communities to take action against sexual violence.
- Sexual violence is an abuse of power and trust
- People can heal
- In valuing diversity and respecting all people
- Individuals should be free to make their own life choices
- Each person should have the opportunity to learn and grow
- In creating a safe environment and maintaining confidentiality
- Inability to pay should not be a barrier to receiving service
- In providing support and advocacy for people who have been affected by sexual violence
- Services must be accessible to children, adolescents, and adults of all genders
- Communities must take action to protect vulnerable people and to become free from violence
- Offenders, not victims, must take responsibility for violence
- Teamwork is essential
- Volunteers are crucial to our agency and provide a link to the community
An important part of the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton’s (SACE) mandate is to provide a safe and supportive space where survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault can exercise their resiliency and strength in healing from trauma. To do so, we offer both individual and group counselling to survivors of sexual violence.
In addition to our counselling services, we offer a 24-Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line that is staffed by well-trained volunteers, and educational groups for survivors of sexual violence and their supporters.
We understand that sometimes there can be barriers to seeking and accessing support from SACE. Individuals may also face challenges within the community to receiving the support they deserve. Because of this, we have a diversity/outreach program, which exists to ensure we are providing unique and specialized services to all people, regardless of ethnic heritage, faith, gender, culture, age, social and financial status, ability, or sexual orientation.
|Our current information is:
Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE)
Suite 205, 14964 – 121A Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5V 1A4