The Victoria Sexual Assault Centre is a feminist organization committed to ending sexualized violence through healing, education, and prevention. We are dedicated to supporting women and all trans survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse, through advocacy, counselling, and empowerment.
As a feminist agency, we value:
• Communicating in a direct, caring, confidential, and honest manner, showing respect, gentleness, acceptance, and celebration of each other in all our diversity
• Each individual’s self-defined inner knowledge, empowerment, and right to dignity
• A safe, accessible, and effective centre where individuals are supported towards healing from sexualized violence
• Social justice for all
• Enacting an anti-oppressive framework, that acknowledges societal and systemic barriers and our own positions of power and dominance
• Being transparent and accountable to the community regarding how and why our policies and practices are determined, enacted, and altered
The Victoria Sexual Assault Centre (VSAC) provides both crisis support and trauma counselling, as well as group counselling sessions for women and trans people.
Options for Counselling
- Individual crisis support assists in dealing with the most immediate emotional, physical and behavioural reactions to sexual assault, or provides help for those women and trans survivors who are currently experiencing a crisis in their life as a result of historical sexual abuse.
- Group Counselling is an integral part of our counselling services. We offer a range of groups that focus on education, skill development and support.
- Individual trauma counselling provides help in dealing with sexual trauma and its long term effects.
Healing is a Journey
At the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre our belief is that healing is possible. There aremany paths to healing with different stages along the way. These links can provide you with more information about what healing can look like and how you can get there. Ultimately, we encourage everyone to do what works best for them. Remember you are in charge of your own healing process.
Additional counselling services at VSAC
Support For Family & Friends
Being a friend, partner, or family member of a woman or trans person who has experienced sexual trauma can be confusing and upsetting. We provide support and information to help you understand some of the related issues that have an impact on you and your relationship and offer ways in which you as a partner or ally can help.
Counselling for Youth
Youth, ages 13 to 18, sometimes require a unique counselling experience. For youth ages 13 to 15 we work in partnership with the Child Abuse Counselling and Prevention Society (Mary Manning) to find the best fit for the individual. Due to the vulnerability of youth, services for them are prioritized to ensure they receive timely support.
Crisis, Information & Support line
24 hrs: 250-383-3232, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Contact & Hours
#201-3060 Cedar Hill Rd.
Victoria, BC, V8T 3J5, Canada
Business line: 250-383-5545
General email: email@example.com
Business hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, closed all holidays