HAVOCA - Negative Feedback

Section for general notices concerning this forum.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

HAVOCA - Negative Feedback

Post by Jamie »

I'd like to share some negative feedback with everyone because it concerns the community. It could be that the member is particularly sensitive at the moment but it could also be an indicator that some of the posts on the forum are very close to the line.

I'll leave it here so that everyone can ask themselves, are my posts appropriate, supportive and kind?
I know I only just registered and only just got approved, but I’ve now changed my mind and I’d actually like to now delete my account please. I can’t find the option to do it myself?

I was hoping to find here, a place where I could ask for advice and support regarding an issue I’m facing as an SA survivor.
But some posts and replies I’ve already seen by some users on other threads have unfortunately put me off, as these individuals seem quite harsh and judgmental I feel, and I feel I will be judged myself, or even blamed for the issue I’m facing, and that honestly is not what I need right now as I’m in a very fragile place and hurting a lot currently.
The last thing I need is ‘harshness’ or being judged, or blamed even.
So it’s best I bow out now and save myself any further stress or emotional and mental harm.

Sorry. But thank you anyway for allowing me to register, albeit only for an introduction post. I’m sorry it isn’t what I was looking/hoping for.
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Re: HAVOCA - Negative Feedback

Post by Coeur de Lion »

It's nice of them to communicate this, rather than just sitting on it. We should take it to heart.
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Kadie
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Kadie »

I have brought attention to you Jamie and to two moderators here about posts and responses that I have considered insensitive and unkind and that I knew of 2 people ( maybe more ) who left because of them . And after inquiring if anything would be done ( as I had no reply) I was told that some people have a more blunt way of communicating.
You are not what happened to you , you are who you choose to be.
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »

Last edited by DIVINE on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »

Agree, Kadie, I too reported, hoping for the community that we no longer had to deal with her negativity...but she still runs rampant here.
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »

Blunt or non compassionate, unkind, cruel way of communicating?
Coeur de Lion
Moderator on Holiday

Post by Coeur de Lion »

I'm no saint, I am flawed, but the message in Jamie's post is not to look for people to judge, it's the opposite.

It takes the stronger person not to rise to provocation, not to judge what is perceived as provocation. When we see something that irks us, we must be better than to judge it, even if it seems to beg judgement.

"What could that person have experienced that would lead them to think in that way? What could they have suffered that would cause them to lash out when their assumptions are challenged? - their predictable assumptions, the ones that make them feel safe?"

I like a comment that [mention]john100[/mention] posted elsewhere, it says (in other words) that we don't have to assert that we are right, even if we are. It tells me that being right isn't the same as being useful.
"if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you"
-Nietzsche
🦁W a s : a c t n o r m a l
I may (and often do) edit my replies in the permitted 1hr window.
We are all made of stardust. Every piece of you and I was created in the final moments of an exploding star, somewhere out there.
ImageMember Of The Year 2020 | 🤗It’s not your fault🤗
Kadie
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Kadie »

Coeur de Lion , I disagree with you. Maybe Jamie will clarity so there is no confusion or crossed wires.

I believe the message in Jamie's post is for us all to take care when responding to others as we are not in their shoes .

We are all responsible to help keep this a safe, caring place.

Is reporting a concern , judgemental then in your opinion ? And so we should not report anything that worries us ?
Last edited by Kadie on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
You are not what happened to you , you are who you choose to be.
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »

Agree Lion, I am flawed too very rarely do I react with negativity, but this one person provokes it seems that it is her intention provocation, she is not looking for support or wanting to offer support just to impose her version of truth.

Having said that it is not my intention to offend Jamie or the mods with my version of the truth.

I do not want to be banned. HAVOCA is my safe space.
🙏🙏🙏
DIVINE
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by DIVINE »

Ok don't need the validation here that I am right...just want to be useful, kind, compassionate, supportive, loving....all that was denied to me in my childhood.

🙏🙏🙏
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

Just as a matter of order, we never reveal what action is taken after a report is made.
FloweringVine
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by FloweringVine »

Jamie wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 pm Just as a matter of order, we never reveal what action is taken after a report is made.
I've been told action taken by a mod here before via PM? Do mean you don't reveal this publicly, or at all?
I was abused within a Christian setting. Please don't suggest praying or turning to God, and please do not offer to pray for me.

I am not open to messages containing discriminatory content.
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

There are always exceptions but generally we don't publicly (although it has been known) and most of the time we don't privately. Where it might be useful, we can share, but that isn't the norm.
Embers
HAVOCA Sponsor
HAVOCA Sponsor

Post by Embers »

FloweringVine wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:11 pm
Jamie wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 pm Just as a matter of order, we never reveal what action is taken after a report is made.
I've been told action taken by a mod here before via PM? Do mean you don't reveal this publicly, or at all?
Me too x
'Doing the work to heal, to manage CPTSD and to be a stronger me. '
They smothered my fire but the embers still burn.
🌈
Jamie
Trustee
Trustee

Post by Jamie »

I'm sure thats true but I can guarantee you wouldn't have been told the whole picture/action. We try to keep it as professional as possible.

Return to “Notice Board”